: Cadillac service

trashola88
12-12-12, 09:14 PM
I recently purchased a used 2008 Cadillac cts 3.6 di from a Cadillac dealer in Northern California. I know it's not a brand new V but one of the reasons I bought a Cadillac was for the service and experience you receive. This being a CPO Caddy it still has warranty. Driving home from the dealership I noticed a rather loud rattle coming from the rear deck. A rather common problem so I'm told. So the next day I drive back to see about getting it fixed. After about 2 weeks the finally call me back and say bring it in. On way to dealership an airbag light came on, so when I arrived I explained the situation. They had my car for 2 days fixed the lose wire that was causing the airbag light but told me they were having a hard time fixing the rattle/squeak. So over 2 days they put between 125-150 miles on my car and when I picked it up today it had under a quarter tank of gas. ( I dropped it off with more). Is that a normal thing, not replacing gas in a vehicle? If so how cheap! I am just confused I guess. They had my car for 2 days didn't fix rattle and used all my gas? Really glad I wasted 2 days waiting and had to leave work early to pick it up today.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-13-12, 03:45 PM
Trashola88, I realize you're seeking input from other owners, and I hope they chime in soon with their helpful feedback! I just wanted to let you know I'm sorry to hear you were confused/frustrated with your experience, and I'm available if you ever would like me to contact your dealer on your behalf to investigate your concerns. Please email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Destinyjewel
12-13-12, 05:45 PM
Did they ever say what the rattle was? I just purchased a 2008 srx and it did the same thing. I took it to GMC and they said it was the traction control. Took it to a friend and had the muffler pulled out because someone apparently backed into something and pushed it in. no more rattling. Now the check engine light is on, and it hasn't been a month since I got the car. The gas runs out very rapidly.I'm filling almost everyday. This if frustrating considering how much I'm paying for this car.

trashola88
12-14-12, 08:06 PM
Did they ever say what the rattle was? I just purchased a 2008 srx and it did the same thing. I took it to GMC and they said it was the traction control. Took it to a friend and had the muffler pulled out because someone apparently backed into something and pushed it in. no more rattling. Now the check engine light is on, and it hasn't been a month since I got the car. The gas runs out very rapidly.I'm filling almost everyday. This if frustrating considering how much I'm paying for this car.

They said it was the rear deck mounting tho I can still hear it a little bit.