: Gas cap not going on

Royalton
12-12-12, 05:47 PM
If I put the gas cap on like regular now click it 3 times, it's just sitting on it and I can pull it right off. Anyone else had this issue? It's been like this for a week now, engine light never has come on about it though.

I was thinking of replacing it with a capless gas cap like some newer cars have. Nothing to turn you just put the pump nozzle right in and the little trap door has a hinge on it.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/kleen-wheels-non-locking-universal-gas-cap/p3057064.jcwx?filterid=c1829d222u0j1

hannity
12-12-12, 05:53 PM
If I were you I would go with a locking gas cap. There are a lot of jealous and evil people out there that would love nothing more than to destroy something you love to drive. If I still had my caddy I would have gone with the locking cap. Good luck with that.

cangolf
12-13-12, 06:01 PM
I am interested in the response as well, on my 4th cap and the latest one lasted about a week before it would not create a seal. While the dealership is replacing the caps under a parts warranty, losing the remote start when the check engine light is on is not something I would rather do without up here in the great white north. My concern over the cap in the first post is would the vacuum in the fuel system pull on the spring door. Any other suggestions/advice would be welcome, cheers