: 2010 CTS 3.0L Whats the Suggested Interval For Transmission & Filter Change

calesa903
12-12-12, 06:25 PM
Can any one advise what the suggested interval is for changing the automatic transmission fluid & filter? Also, whats the best synthetic oil to use? Are additives recommended? My vehicle currently gas approx 30,600 miles on the OEM oil.:hmm:

Submariner409
12-12-12, 08:01 PM
"Any one" takes this out of the exclusive realm of GM/Cadillac feedback for dealer, warranty and recall questions - the intent of this particular forum - but this will echo:

Owner's manual for fluid service intervals - Service and Maintenance.

There is no "best" synthetic oil to use - a good brand name - whatever floats your boat. (and know that your transmission uses DEXRON-VI, the GM synthetic transmission fluid in use since mid-2006.)

GM/Cadillac specifically DOES NOT recommend snake oil and additives - any where, any time. (Maybe, just maybe, you could run a 20 oz. jug of Chevron TECHRON through a fillup of a Top Tier gasoline at the start of a highway trip. TECHRON ??? Top Tier ??? Google them.)

If your engine has 36,000 miles on the original engine oil, you are a candidate for the Darwin Award for 2012 !!!:devil: (Transmissions usually go 100,000 +++)

Do you, by some chance, have another CF account with the username gwap1 ???

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-13-12, 03:36 PM
Hi, calesa903 --

As Submariner409 noted, your owners manual is a great resource for these types of queries! The "Recommended Fluids, Lubricants, and Parts" section of your manual begins on page 10-6. Page 10-7 is especially helpful as it recommends DEXRONŽ-VI Automatic Transmission Fluid for your automatic transmission.

The Engine Oil section of your manual starts on page 9-10, and the recommended engine oil information is fond on 9-11! If you have any lingering questions, however, please don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

calesa903
12-18-12, 05:35 PM
Thank you for the reply Submariner409 (I think). I do not care what the manual states, I asked what others thought based on their own experience(s), and as far as the engine oil is concerned it gets changed every 5,000 miles, Mobil-1 and PurolatorOne filter, so you can keep your "Darwin Award", I believe I will now exit this pretentious forum and seek friendlier sites else where, thanks.

PS: Thanks Katie, I will certainly contact you with any other questions I may have and thank your for your offer and consideration.

RippyPartsDept
12-18-12, 06:47 PM
Can any one advise what the suggested interval is for changing the automatic transmission fluid & filter? Also, whats the best synthetic oil to use? Are additives recommended? My vehicle currently gas approx 30,600 miles on the OEM oil.:hmm:

Thank you for the reply Submariner409 (I think). I do not care what the manual states, I asked what others thought based on their own experience(s), and as far as the engine oil is concerned it gets changed every 5,000 miles, Mobil-1 and PurolatorOne filter, so you can keep your "Darwin Award", I believe I will now exit this pretentious forum and seek friendlier sites else where, thanks.

PS: Thanks Katie, I will certainly contact you with any other questions I may have and thank your for your offer and consideration.

bye bye :wave:

Submariner409
12-18-12, 07:20 PM
calesa903, Your wish is my command. :worship: ..... ByeBye.

FYI, Every point of your original post/question was answered factually and accurately - Even CCC pointed you toward the owner's manual and DEXRON-VI.

Check your gwap1 account.