: 2012 Cadillac SRX Auxiliary Port Problem!!!

pltnmsldr05
12-12-12, 05:10 PM
I'm currently the owner of a 2012 Cadillac SRX. I'm having an issue of when I plug my Ipod or Iphone into the Auxiliary port whether I'm using the standard Ipod Cord or the Auxiliary cord at times it says Auxiliary Device Not Found and sometimes it works randomly. It usually works after I turn off the car and turn it back on, it tends to be annoying. Can anybody help me out or give me some pointeres on what to do. I know that when I take it to the dealer it going to work fine, it never fails :helpless:

carbeck
12-12-12, 10:42 PM
Unfortunately, your experience of things deciding to suddenly work when you head for the dealership sounds familiar. Things always seem to happen that way. :(

Is your iPod's firmware kept up to date? That's the first thing that comes to my mind. If it's an older iPod with old firmware, it may not have great compatibility with the SRX's system. Could you try it with a different iPod and see if the same thing happens?

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-13-12, 02:20 PM
Pltnmsldr05, I'm happy to look into this further for you if you'd like. Please email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with the last eight of your VIN, and I can investigate!

Have you already read through the Auxiliary section of your owners manual? Auxiliary Devices (Radio with CD/DVD and MEM) is found on page 7‑35 and Auxiliary Devices (Radio with CD) on page 7‑29.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service