: finally found a good one.... 03 EXT

90limited
12-12-12, 03:29 PM
Well, picked up a new to me 03 EXT yesterday. Drove it 300 miles home with no problems. The backend seemed a little loose on the highway at speed, but the air ride is out so I assume that it will be better once I get the new compressor and shocks in there. I ran about 78mph and the truck computer said I got 17.6 MPG. Not to bad considering I have done nothing to her. The gauge cluster and front diff have been done this year, so that should be good to go. One thing I did notice is if you let off the gas on the highway coast for awhile and the step on the gas again, you get a small clunk. Also get a small clunk when coming to a complete stop as the truck shifts back into 1st gear... Weak Trany? It was low on fluid, so I added half a quart and will check again next i drive and it is hot.

One of the first things I want to take care of is getting the stick on vents off the front fenders. I assume that I can heat them up with a hair dryer and very carefully peel them off and then buff the area? I also need to do this with the DUB logo on the tailgate. As a now, I love the truck. I looked at all makes of used pickups and the EXT was the best deal by far...:thumbsup:

the cadillac man
12-12-12, 04:27 PM
Well, picked up a new to me 03 EXT yesterday. Drove it 300 miles home with no problems. The backend seemed a little loose on the highway at speed, but the air ride is out so I assume that it will be better once I get the new compressor and shocks in there. I ran about 78mph and the truck computer said I got 17.6 MPG. Not to bad considering I have done nothing to her. The gauge cluster and front diff have been done this year, so that should be good to go. One thing I did notice is if you let off the gas on the highway coast for awhile and the step on the gas again, you get a small clunk. Also get a small clunk when coming to a complete stop as the truck shifts back into 1st gear... Weak Trany? It was low on fluid, so I added half a quart and will check again next i drive and it is hot.

One of the first things I want to take care of is getting the stick on vents off the front fenders. I assume that I can heat them up with a hair dryer and very carefully peel them off and then buff the area? I also need to do this with the DUB logo on the tailgate. As a now, I love the truck. I looked at all makes of used pickups and the EXT was the best deal by far...:thumbsup:

I know how the rear end feels with the shocks
The tranny may be low on fluid

90limited
12-12-12, 04:55 PM
Just found that the passanger side mirror is not power folding and does not have the turn signal thingy. Ordered the proper mirror from Rock Auto $230... heated, dimming, puddle light, power fold, turn signal. They were cheaper than I could find it on fleabay...

the cadillac man
12-12-12, 10:03 PM
Just found that the passanger side mirror is not power folding and does not have the turn signal thingy. Ordered the proper mirror from Rock Auto $230... heated, dimming, puddle light, power fold, turn signal. They were cheaper than I could find it on fleabay...

The right side mirror doesn't have the auto dimming feature just the memory,heated and signal but if you can get the dimming mirror to work let me know

Also the passenger side door module works the passenger side mirror.

zapconj
12-13-12, 09:05 AM
Nice looking truck!! Good luck with her!

the cadillac man
12-13-12, 12:41 PM
Nice looking truck!! Good luck with her!

I agree

90limited
12-13-12, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the kind words...

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-13-12, 02:06 PM
90limited, congratulations on your Escalade! If you would like me to research any concerns for you or provide you with its build code list, don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with the last eight of your VIN.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Jose06escalade
12-15-12, 10:30 AM
The passenger side mirror doesnt auto dim only the driver side and the one mounted on the windshield

90limited
12-18-12, 09:42 AM
yup... you are correct that the passenger side does not dim. Got the replacement from RockAuto yesterday. Mounted the mirror up and everything but the power fold worked great. It would seem that the power fold on the replacement mirror was wired backwards. When the original driver folds in, the passenger folds out. When the passenger in the driver folds out. Called RockAuto and they are sending me a another mirror.....

the cadillac man
12-18-12, 10:53 AM
yup... you are correct that the passenger side does not dim. Got the replacement from RockAuto yesterday. Mounted the mirror up and everything but the power fold worked great. It would seem that the power fold on the replacement mirror was wired backwards. When the original driver folds in, the passenger folds out. When the passenger in the driver folds out. Called RockAuto and they are sending me a another mirror.....

It might be possible they sent the wrong mirror by mistake I have seen it happen

90limited
12-18-12, 10:56 AM
I just hope the next one works correctly. I left the truck door apart and have it parked until the mirror gets here. I do not want it parked, I want to drive it....:mad:

the cadillac man
12-18-12, 01:36 PM
I just hope the next one works correctly. I left the truck door apart and have it parked until the mirror gets here. I do not want it parked, I want to drive it....:mad:

I know how you feel man I was like that when the PCM failed in mine which kept my truck off the road and in the shop for a week I was going nutty

90limited
12-20-12, 11:27 AM
Well, got the replacement mirror and it did the exact same thing, by folding opposite of the driver door mirror. So figured out which to wires provided power to the fold motor and switched them, problem solved. Rockauto did not sell and OEM mirror, so now, the painted cover off the mirror I replaced does not fit perfect. Nothing is ever easy...

the cadillac man
12-20-12, 12:23 PM
Well, got the replacement mirror and it did the exact same thing, by folding opposite of the driver door mirror. So figured out which to wires provided power to the fold motor and switched them, problem solved. Rockauto did not sell and OEM mirror, so now, the painted cover off the mirror I replaced does not fit perfect. Nothing is ever easy...

Get a set of chrome mirror covers and call it a day that way nobody will know you replaced the mirror.

90limited
12-20-12, 01:15 PM
Chrome covers may be the ticket... that said, I will give some high quality doublsided foam tape a try before I go for the chrome covers...