: Heat doesn't work on 07 Escalade?

Kwit
12-12-12, 12:38 PM
I'm in AZ so this is the first time I've had to use the heat and I have a 20 minute drive to work. Had the knob turned to 90 and hit "auto" and no heat the entire way. It even had the snowflake turned on.

I fiddled with all the buttons, turning the snow flake off, pointing it at my face, etc...ice cold.

Makes me think it's a thermostat issue or something?

MrHolland
12-12-12, 10:47 PM
Does the car have the proper amount of coolant in it??

ErikU19
12-30-12, 09:56 PM
did you ever get this fixed? My 2007 is now doing this same thing. Heated seats work fine, so the heater core is hot (assuming these use the heater core to draw heat, and arent coil heated). Im thinking its either the blend door or climate control box ?

MrHolland
12-30-12, 10:04 PM
Heated seats have nothing to do with the heater core. Ill ask the same question, is the coolant at the proper level?

ELUSIVE
12-30-12, 11:08 PM
Coolant level or thermostat.
Is the engine coming up to normal operating temperature?
My Escalade temperature gauge at normal goes to dead center (needle pointing straight up).

ErikU19
12-31-12, 11:50 AM
It isnt the thermostat and it isnt the coolant level. Both are fine. Engine operates at normal range (center of guage). Coolant hoses entering heater core are both hot.

ELUSIVE
12-31-12, 12:19 PM
That is really weird.
Is the AC working?
Does the fan blow air?

cadmanchris
12-31-12, 02:44 PM
Just wondering if both temp actuators are at fault. Did you try adjusting the passenger temp separately from the drivers side? An easy way to check the driver's side temp actuator is to remove the r/s lower kick panel and dash side panel. The actuator is on the bottom of the case. Unplug it first and remove it by taking out the 2 5.5 mm screws. Then turn the shaft and see if the temp changes from hot to cold. Hope this helps.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-31-12, 03:27 PM
ErikU19,
Sorry to hear that you're a little chilly in your Escalade. :( If you decided to work with a dealership to get this checked into, please contact us either via direct message or email (katie_lucille@gmexpert.com) if you would like for us to work with you through that process (include your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a brief summary of the situation).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

ErikU19
12-31-12, 08:33 PM
Hey Cad,

I tried adjusting both sides individually and neither will get hot. When you adjust it from cold to hot you can hear a "flap" closing, but the temp doesnt change.

so remove the panels off the side of the center console (driver side). Do you have a picture or blow up of it by chance?

I actually had a problem with the a/c about a month ago; my side stayed hot while the passenger side was cold. when i turned off the truck and drove it again it was fine though.

Since the sides are controlled with seperate actuators im guessing its the climate control box...

cadmanchris
01-01-13, 12:27 AM
Unfortunately, the actuators are on the passenger side. The passenger temp actuator is on top of the hvac box and can be accessed by removing the dash trim (silver and wood trim to the r/s of the radio). The driver's side is on the bottom and can be accessed as I stated above. If moving those doors do not change the temp, then something has to be up with the heater core or the flow going through it.

Stupid question...the blower motor is working?

Paddy4810
01-01-13, 11:25 AM
Mine is doing this and I'm waiting for a control head the dealer ordered. They are not sure this will fix it but its under warranty and they gave me a loaner to use.

ErikU19
01-02-13, 11:02 AM
Please keep us posted Paddy.

I'm waiting for an EXT version to pop up on flea bay.

----------

Blower motor works fine. Everything seems to function except hot air :)

Unfortunately, the actuators are on the passenger side. The passenger temp actuator is on top of the hvac box and can be accessed by removing the dash trim (silver and wood trim to the r/s of the radio). The driver's side is on the bottom and can be accessed as I stated above. If moving those doors do not change the temp, then something has to be up with the heater core or the flow going through it.

Stupid question...the blower motor is working?

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-02-13, 01:06 PM
Paddy4810,

Let us know if you want for us to check with the dealer for any updates on the part you're waiting for.

Regards,
Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Paddy4810
01-07-13, 06:37 AM
Mines fixed. New control head and they reprogramed it. Works great. I had found one on Amazon for $212.00. Alot less than anywhere else. Dealer had checked and found the head had intermitant faults.

Bigjason
10-09-13, 12:49 PM
I'm having the same problem; both heat and AC not reaching desired temp. I will check out actuators as stated above, but has anyone had this problem and it wasn't the head unit ?

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-09-13, 07:47 PM
I'm having the same problem; both heat and AC not reaching desired temp. I will check out actuators as stated above, but has anyone had this problem and it wasn't the head unit ?

Hello Bigjason,

I am sorry you are experiencing HVAC issues with your Escalade. If you are unable to resolve this concern and would like to work with a dealer, please let us know. We can be contacted via private message and are more than happy to discuss your current situation. Be sure to include your contact information, VIN and current mileage if you reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care