: Car Obsession

CadillacChrisHtown
12-10-12, 08:38 PM
I dont know if this is the right forum for this as its not troubleshooting related but here goes....

Am I alone or do any of you sit in your caddys and just be at peace??

...its so quiet and comfy in there i often find myself sitting in the driveway meditating ...especially when it rains

--- in there im away from it all...

also i cant wait to drive it... i find excuses just to turn the key and bend the corner :-)

+ I wash her every weekend

Am i obsessed or does everyone go through this???

vincentm
12-10-12, 08:54 PM
OCD

Obsessive Cadillac Disorder

Im infected with it and i dont want a cure

MoistCabbage
12-10-12, 08:56 PM
You have OCD.

Obsessive Cadillac Disorder.

----------

WOW :histeric: Vincent, beat me by a second. Before this edit, we both posted at 8:54.

CadillacChrisHtown
12-10-12, 09:02 PM
lol^^^...

basscatt
12-10-12, 09:04 PM
Am i obsessed
YES - you are -

does everyone go through this???
YES - we do -

about the only way to wipe that big grin off your face -
is to discover a blown head gasket on your PRIDE-N-JOY

CadillacChrisHtown
12-10-12, 09:11 PM
@Basscatt NOooo! :crybaby: that is a fear_ but that's why i have a shoe box in my closet full car life insurance (more obsession) (I only pick out of it for likker runs) ...when it happens it happens....but hopefully it doesn't --- all fluids and green coolant just changed and 18 yrs @ 143,000 miles and going strong (I try and keep everything up)

curtc
12-10-12, 10:53 PM
Don't own my Seville anymore but yes, I have OCD real bad!

I love being in my Cadillac, it's like my own personnel sanctuary.

GF's crap is all over the place everywhere else...only place left that's still ALL MINE :)

Don't screw with my memory seat settings, don't change my radio presets, just don't touch!

Good tune came on XM today as I pulled in...Blasted that 15 speaker stereo right there until it was over, man I love my Cadillac!

:cheers:

creeker
12-10-12, 11:20 PM
When I have something to work out in my head I will go for a drive and put on some good tunes and just enjoy driving my 92 eldo.

curtc
12-10-12, 11:55 PM
When I have something to work out in my head I will go for a drive and put on some good tunes and just enjoy driving my 92 eldo.

I do the EXACT same thing! It's my "happy place"

cadi509
12-11-12, 12:45 AM
Been infected for years now its even worse with a black cadillac

Submariner409
12-11-12, 07:57 AM
It's a chronic disorder. Let's give the GPOP a crack at this - off to the Lounge................

truckinman
12-11-12, 08:32 AM
Ive got OCD as well. Love driving it. Love sitting in it. It even make the trip to the gym worth it :-). I've gotta smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel.

CadillacChrisHtown
12-11-12, 10:11 AM
>>> Don't screw with my memory seat settings, don't change my radio presets, just don't touch! <<<

^^^^ Really thinking about getting this put on the front of my glove box...

Btw last night i took SLABrina (L is silent) ...out the driveway...she kept me warm and i popped a Sade cd in (car romance)...made a few cadillac turns took her on the highway to let her legs stretch...(cries a bit...god i love this car)

Id say my whole family has OCD

'95' Eldorado (first Cadillac ever and my baby so she goes at the top)
'96' Deville (bought this one for cheap...brother has it now)
'02' Deville (moms but since she never drives it and I wash and put gas in...i consider it mines she'll never know)
'84' Eldorado (Uncle)
CTS coupe (Sister ...she still has yet to let me drive this...she must don't know my name!)

Im gonna upload pics of all these in my portfolio later...

Im a few bills away from buying a le cabriolet to go against my uncles '84 Eldorado drop...Its old school but I can get away with it in Texas I want that big body float

MrHolland
12-11-12, 10:26 AM
Lets see some pics. If you ain't pokin, you must be jokin!!

CadillacChrisHtown
12-11-12, 11:22 AM
Lets see some pics. If you ain't pokin, you must be jokin!!

Im joking right now that title under my name is a dream ..I have a 5th wheel already with a 17" gorilla and a chrome nude lady (shes under the seat took her off because of cops)...im just tryna hold out for airbags (for weight of sub box)...im almost there i just want everything done at once right after paint...benz lights are done and I've drilled the holes for the hood ornament and I'm gonna bolt the 5th up right before paint and then off to upholstery...im in no hurry__swanggers come last they're easy to find out here I just have to catch someone down on money >:-) ...

and i don't see any thing happening til early spring since I didn't get my Christmas bonus :-/ ...maybe sooner...oh' best believe imma be in here posting pictures and grinning like i just became president

My uncle with the '84 eldog lives around the corner and makes me park my caddy across the street saying i must be sitting on 5 to get in 6 to drink (He even lets grand prix's with swanggers into the driveway :nono:)

cadillac kevin
12-11-12, 11:42 AM
I have OCD too. Theres nothing like going for a cruise in the caddy. Sure, I have a RWD lesabre, and thats nice, but its not as quiet or luxurious as the caddy. There's just something about going for a ride in a caddy.

MrHolland
12-11-12, 11:44 AM
Hey I'm liking your Unc, although I'd be in the street too since I'm only ridin on 4. Would love to bolt up a booty kit.

---Be sure and put up some pics of the build/progress.

The-Dullahan
12-11-12, 12:12 PM
My Cadillac was specifically designed to allow occupants to "be at peace" and to remain quiet inside.

MrHolland
12-11-12, 12:26 PM
^^^^Ahahahahahahahaaa that's a good one!!!

talismandave
12-11-12, 12:49 PM
OCD

Obsessive Cadillac Disorder

We need someone to make this a bumper sticker!:thumbsup:

Possibly in the white oval like the country of origin decals, with small print under it. Anyone out there with the connections to make this happen could make some coin! :bulb:

Great thread, thanks for bringing it up. I love to sit in and/or around mine too. I could stare at it all day long, even in it's sad deconstructed state.
I guess it is like all true love. When you are in love you are blinded to the flaws, imperfections, and the ravages of time.
When you look at her you always see her as you met her. :cloud9:

vincentm
12-11-12, 01:26 PM

Been thinking of starting a local cadillac car club and naming it that

CadillacChrisHtown
12-11-12, 02:24 PM
Been thinking of starting a local cadillac car club and naming it that

The only requirment is owning a cadillac...Im in!...

CadillacLuke24
12-11-12, 04:06 PM
I wished her happy birthday on facebook. She's 17 today.

Yeah, it's terminal :D

curtc
12-11-12, 05:57 PM

Would you put a sticker on a Picaso?

NO BUMPER STICKERS ALLOWED! :)

CadillacChrisHtown
12-11-12, 06:05 PM
Would you put a sticker on a Picaso?

NO BUMPER STICKERS ALLOWED! :)

Hmmm but you didnt say magnet stickers...Magnets it is!

Stoneage_Caddy
12-11-12, 06:13 PM
i had that obsession ....
after the second tranny blew i look at it now and say "oh please dont blow it again"

who knows what ill do now

talismandave
12-11-12, 06:16 PM
I regularly had bumper stickers on my Cadillacs.
They come off easy and leave no damage to the CHROME at all.

02603sec
12-11-12, 09:46 PM
My obsession is going to be a pole barn large enough for all my cars. It has to be large enough for a 75.

STS_Seville_Hunter
12-11-12, 09:54 PM
No matter how bad my day, it can always be better with my favortie song on the bose, sunroof open, and a cruise down the 10freeway or downtown.

The-Dullahan
12-12-12, 12:11 AM
I went with magnets. Had one stolen by a shop and sort of...killed the second one in a bottle of lacquer thinner.

One read "Dead Girls Like Me" and the other said "Bela Lugosi's Still Undead".

I've connections to everyone who makes bumper magnets/stickers/window decals/vinyl car wraps and could get new ones to replace them any time I like, but have never really asked. My Decal guy did send me a big MG decal by accident the other day though. Maybe I will trade it for the MG this one eccentric old coot has for sale locally.

Luke, you know that bumper magnet of yours? I think you need business cards that look the same and say "Luke Likes This" and you should leave them under peoples' windshield wipers or at nice restaurants you take your girlfriends to.

talismandave
12-12-12, 12:25 AM
There is a cell phone commercial running with a family deciding how to split up air-time. At one point the dad say's "..and stop liking everything!" to his son. I crack up every time it's on!:histeric"

cadillac kevin
12-12-12, 10:30 AM
There is a cell phone commercial running with a family deciding how to split up air-time. At one point the dad say's "..and stop liking everything!" to his son. I crack up every time it's on!:histeric"

Luke, why didn't you tell us you were famous?

CadillacLuke24
12-12-12, 03:50 PM
He was just a stand in, so I didn't think it was worth it.

As soon as I get the dough to go to nice restaurants, and actually get a girlfriend, Chamus, I'll definitely be doing that.

The-Dullahan
12-12-12, 04:10 PM
Jeebis, Luke get on that... I've printed cards that read "A F**K" (uncensored) and have a position on the back to fill out a date/time/name/event/reason. One can leave them in places that they actually give one about. Carrying only three at a time as a strict rule, if one happens to run out by using three in one day, they have no more ****s to give.

Everyone I've had use them seems to like them. I usually don't carry business cards. That's what secretaries are for. I actually avoid carrying a phone whenever possible (actually have two I supposedly carry at all times, but that's total poppycock)

Still though, if no one is going to want OCD stickers, you could always get decals like these.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q140/Parallax1/cadillac-decal.jpg

cadillac kevin
12-12-12, 04:17 PM
I want one of those CadillacOwners.com stickers!!!

RippyPartsDept
12-12-12, 04:31 PM
I want one of those CadillacOwners.com stickers!!!
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-decals.html

vincentm
12-12-12, 04:49 PM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q140/Parallax1/cadillac-decal.jpg

Im so getting this...

talismandave
12-12-12, 05:47 PM
....wellness package e books???!!!:hmm:

curtc
12-12-12, 07:25 PM
Already on my STS, had one on my CTS too :)

Represent!

The-Dullahan
12-12-12, 11:36 PM
Maybe if they made Cadillac Owners window plaques, I would rock those...though I do know where I could get a set made...

cadi509
12-13-12, 12:11 AM
Vincent I would totally join that club! And where does one get these stickers?

The-Dullahan
12-13-12, 05:16 AM
^Click the link in post #36.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-13-12, 08:46 AM
I had one of those stickers on the lower right corner of my rear windshield of my '92 deVille.

CadillacLuke24
12-13-12, 11:29 AM
Jeebis, Luke get on that...

Absolutely, so long as you are referring solely to the part about the cards, because, as I'm sure some members on here can attest, women, especially in my age range, are FREAKING PSYCHOS. Sure, it doesn't help that I have two sister who are the most high maintenance people on the planet, but I would much rather hunt down an electrical gremlin in my Cadillac than try to decipher a female. With the gremlin there's a guarantee of a solution at some point.

The-Dullahan
12-13-12, 11:53 AM
Roughly 90 percent of all the people I associate with are women in that age range. Friends, family, lackeys, minions and employees alike. I've never had that problem. Not even with that Kalee chick from facebook who's always texting pictures to me and she IS psycho.

You must be doing something wrong. Actually, maybe I can hook you up with her. You'll have a date and she'll be out of my hair. Everyone wins.

CadillacLuke24
12-13-12, 06:31 PM
Roughly 90 percent of all the people I associate with are women in that age range. Friends, family, lackeys, minions and employees alike. I've never had that problem. Not even with that Kalee chick from facebook who's always texting pictures to me and she IS psycho.

You must be doing something wrong. Actually, maybe I can hook you up with her. You'll have a date and she'll be out of my hair. Everyone wins.

1) Probably. Nobody ever said I was normal.
2) No. Just, no. Just block her or something.

The-Dullahan
12-13-12, 07:33 PM
She's alright, when she's not trying to get beneath my kilt...which is every time I have been less than 100 miles from her...but she still owes me that sandwich. In fact, I need to remind her about that in case I catch up with in May at my next party.

Also, you're right. I tend to forget you Internet people are all weird. We can't all be Pennsylvanians...shame.