: 03 Escalade no voltage present at third brake light harness

PreservedSwine
12-08-12, 05:36 PM
Is there a super secret fuse?

I've checked every fuse under the hood, as well as on the driver side dash. None are blown.

This is my fault, I accidentally shorted the wires while replacing the third brake light, while my wife was holding down the brake pedal. Ooops.

the cadillac man
12-08-12, 07:16 PM
Is there a super secret fuse?

I've checked every fuse under the hood, as well as on the driver side dash. None are blown.

This is my fault, I accidentally shorted the wires while replacing the third brake light, while my wife was holding down the brake pedal. Ooops.

There is a separate fuse for it
As crazy as it sounds it is in the fuse block in the dash labeled veh chmsl it works both the vehicle and trailer center high mounted stop lamp

PreservedSwine
12-09-12, 11:13 PM
ding ding

Holy cow, I can't thank you enough.

(And neither can the people that were about to start rear ending me if I didn't get it fixed ASAP.)

the cadillac man
12-09-12, 11:59 PM
ding ding

Holy cow, I can't thank you enough.

(And neither can the people that were about to start rear ending me if I didn't get it fixed ASAP.)

Always glad to help

I know how you feel I had a trucker try to push me off the road one time as I was getting in the trim lane(I even had the blinker on with over 100 LEDs on at that time he had to have been blind not to have seen that I had my brakes and turn signal on yet he blows his horn at me for no need

My taillights are led the third brake light is led(stock) and I have a led light strip across the bumper

Call me crazy but I want people to see that I have my brake lights or turn signals on yet I still get tailgaters(It's annoying)