: Blizzak DMV-1 stock 285/45/22 winter tires review

paidge7
12-08-12, 01:42 PM
Hi guys,

I live in Montreal, Canada.

I can have an amazing deal and when i mean amazing deal it is. Its for a wheel and tires package of OEM 22's with the winter tires blizzak dmv-1 in 285/45/22

I would like to know how do you guys like them and how is the traction of those 22's on the snow ?

I mean i am not a scary guy i usually drove all season tires but i only drove with winter tires since the new law in quebec that obligated us to put winter tires.

Thank you everyone in advance for your help.

Max

stoveguyy
12-31-12, 09:43 PM
22" wheels? Must be a SUV?

Submariner409
01-01-13, 10:31 AM
Ummmm.............. he's driving an Escalade. It's a rebadged GMC truck = big wheels.

http://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/escalade/2008/consumer-reviews.html

stoveguyy
01-01-13, 11:07 AM
my ipad does not show the posters car. funny quirk. i assumed he had suv since his tire is 32" tall. So question is, are blizzaks better than a/s tires in snow conditions? I have blizzaks and believe they are better than a/s tires. But my 1/2 worn blizzaks are no better than my brand new a/s tires. But some a/s tires are terrible in snow. My son just got new max perf a/s tires for his Infiniti and he says they are so-so in snow.

needstires
02-07-13, 09:54 PM
my ipad does not show the posters car. funny quirk. i assumed he had suv since his tire is 32" tall. So question is, are blizzaks better than a/s tires in snow conditions? I have blizzaks and believe they are better than a/s tires. But my 1/2 worn blizzaks are no better than my brand new a/s tires. But some a/s tires are terrible in snow. My son just got new max perf a/s tires for his Infiniti and he says they are so-so in snow.

Nothing is better than blizzacks unless you have chains or drive a backhoe.