: 2013 XTS - Numerous Problems and Horrible Service- No Resolution!! BEWARE

JTinMi
12-08-12, 08:24 AM
Picked up my XTS 2 weeks ago.
-Delivered vehicle scratch to metal so I wouldn't take delivery. Salesman was a professional and found me new one.
-Drove car 7 miles
-2 days later car goes back to dealer for tinted windows and heated seats. Salesman was great.
-Car gets dropped off and I spend 2 days detailing and sits in garage for another day or two. Looks great!
-Finally drive car to work 36 miles and notice that the XTS is leaning to one side.
-Get home and measure each side. Passenger side is lower by 3 inches.
-XTS goes to SERVICE AFTER 1 week of ownership for suspension, shifting, and seat clips.
-2 days later get call to pick up car, but will have to bring back for seat clips.
-Car is still leaning to one side by 1.25 inches. Service tech says this is within tolerance. DOUBT IT!
-MY brand new car that I have driven 85 miles was DENTED BY DEALERSHIP! "they got a great dent guy". NO THANKS. I WANT A NEW CAR WITH GOOD SUSPENSION AND NO DENTS

WAY TO GO CADILLAC! Thanks for nothing!

Hoping they will get me new car with good suspension and no dents

rayle
12-08-12, 08:36 AM
Wow, man, I'm sorry about all your problems with your brand new car. Believe me, I've been where you are right now and it is so frustrating. I had multiple problems with my coupe, both with the car and then with dealer damage during its repairs. Surely, they can ultimately get the suspension right, but the dent? Depending on where it is, can they switch out a bumper or door of another vehicle (same color)? From what you say, it sounds like the dealership has good people, so if you work with them and try to stay calm, it should all work out. Good luck.

JTinMi
12-08-12, 08:43 AM
Thanks. Forgot to mention they gave car back to me with less than a half tank of gas.

Also, now the rear speaker in deck is rattling. Sounds like it is blown. No response on this concern yet.

Never had issues like this with my ESV

CAPT Mike
12-08-12, 11:45 AM
Where are you located? And the "wonderful" dealer is...

JTinMi
12-08-12, 02:30 PM
I am in eastern Michigan. The dealer is not my normal dealer. I thought I would try them because the sales guy was extremely nice, fair, and accommodating. It is the service department that is horrific. I will let you know what happens Monday as GM customer care is now handling. I am pushing for a new car. I knew I should have went for the BMW. Stuck with Caddy after my ESV and was trying to ride it out for another 2 years until the new Escalade comes out. Hopefully, GM sticks by their Luxury nameplate and does the right thing.

Lanzz
12-08-12, 02:36 PM
I had a similar experience with a Dodge dealer here in the NYC area. Seems like quality service is very very dealer specific - and the sales experience is in no way indicative of the service experience. JTin, I hope this works out for you - I think you will really enjoy the car if you can get past the horrible dealer experience.

b4z
12-08-12, 10:50 PM
Sorry to hear of your issues. Out of curiosity now much did the heated seats cost? I'm assuming you got the base car, which is what I am interested in.

DG2
12-09-12, 12:15 AM
You put in aftermarket dealership heated seats ? Now that's asking for trouble.

b4z
12-09-12, 08:33 AM
It's probably a GM kit.

JTinMi
12-09-12, 08:33 AM
Yes, got the base. Only thing I wish I had was the dual exhaust in the rear. No cost for the seat. One of the reasons why I chose this new dealer was the sales manager was very fair and was very willing to make me happy. No problems with window tint or heated seat. It is all factory related issues and the dealer's service department.

b4z
12-09-12, 09:07 AM
I'm not familiar with the suspension on the xts, but if a rear spring is turned 180 degrees to the rear spring on the opposite side, the car can lean a 1/2 to 1". I had 3 camaros and my current GTO have that issue from the factory.

JTinMi
12-09-12, 11:27 AM
Thanks. I will ask them about that. I do have to say the black on black base XTS with the standard rims and 20% tint on windows is extremely sick looking. The people at the dealer were impressed as well; at least until they dented. I will try to post a pic again, but it isn't working right now. Thanks again!

JTinMi
12-09-12, 11:34 AM
Here is a pic. Let me know what you think.

ArubaKid
12-09-12, 12:43 PM
Now that really looks nice! I think I'll do it when mine comes in. Thanks for the picture.

JTinMi
12-09-12, 02:36 PM
Thanks!

HartfordGuy
12-10-12, 11:06 AM
It's probably a GM kit.

No such thing as a GM heated seat kit for dealer installation. Most likely a Rostra brand aftermarket kit. One size fits all. The XTS being a new car, the installer probably never tried to take apart the seats on one.

----------

Sorry to hear about the dealer denting the car. Paintless dent removal can do wonders if done by an expert.

EChas3
12-15-12, 12:08 AM
You can go to any Cadillac dealer for warranty service.

TulsaVic
12-15-12, 10:22 AM
----------

[/COLOR]----------

[/COLOR]Sorry to hear about the dealer denting the car. Paintless dent removal can do wonders if done by an expert.[/QUOTE]

Coming from Tulsa where paintless dent removal (hail storms) was a well practiced art form, it's amazing what they can pop out. Just be sure to check the condition of the paint afterwards. Most places that do this repair will guarantee it. My then brand new 300C ended up looking like a golf ball after one storm. All dents were removed via the paintless technique. But several spots on the hood showed starburst cracks in the paint (noticed when I was waxing the car several months later), requiring the whole hood be repainted. Was done at no charge.

The technique works really well on those door dings too.

SRXgirl2011
12-18-12, 05:43 PM
JTinMi,

You have a beautiful vehicle. I totally understand your frustration. I would want a new car too. I'm sure everything will work out for you. Keep the faith. Keep us updated about whats going on.

Scott Bearden
12-26-12, 02:13 PM
My 2007 CTS with 65,000 miles leans on the passenger side too. My local GM dealer decided instead of fixing the problem to refund my extended warranty without my consent to absolve them of it. Hopefully your dealership makes this right by you.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-26-12, 04:57 PM
JTinMi, I am so sorry to hear about your dealer frustration! You mentioned you're already involved with our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center, so I wanted to let you know that if you would like any updates in your case, please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with the last eight of your VIN or your case number. Then, I can attempt to locate your case in our system.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

spyderman61
01-04-13, 09:12 PM
Goes to show, stay with who you know. PS of course he is going to be nice, he wants to sell you a car, DUH!!

phalkon
01-29-13, 07:31 PM
hi all!i am wondering about the single exhaust you said you have on the xts?xts has rear airbag suspension.every xts I have ever seen has dual outlet exhaust.most dents on cars can be taken out in about 10 minutes unless they are creased, and you would never know it was done.