: Mirror Light (Mud light)

xkla8
12-07-12, 06:27 PM
Does anyone knows why is my mirror lights does not work? Or how to turn it on? Thanks. -Ron

soulsea
12-07-12, 09:49 PM
The puddle/courtesy light is supposed to come on at night when you unlock your car with the remote, and I think (but not sure) also when you turn off the vehicle at night and you open the door.

If they don't work it could be a fuse (check your manual for fuse location), or the bulb might be out. If it's out it's easy to replace, the little plastic cover pops right off with a small screwdriver in the little gap. I believe the replacement bulb is a 168.

roadog1aj
12-08-12, 02:14 PM
I thought mine did not work for the longest time. I was actually going to ask about them on my next oil change trip to my dealer. Then one night, we were approaching the truck in total darkness, and when I hit the unlock button on the remote....Holy Crap!! They do work after all!! I gave it some thought and realized that we spend very little time being out and about once it has become quite dark. Maybe your lights will function when all the criteria they require to turn on, is met?

xkla8
12-10-12, 10:31 AM
Thank you for the reply guys, I will check the fuse first and go from there.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-10-12, 02:23 PM
Xkla8, I'm glad to see forum members stepped in to help this weekend! Please keep us updated on your progress, and if you would like any further assistance along the way please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

xkla8
12-11-12, 10:17 AM
Thank you Katie.