: 2007 Escalade Wind Noise Issue?

blackex
12-07-12, 06:11 PM
Hello everyone, about to be a proud owner of a 2007 escalade base model. I messaged the seller and he mentioned that he did notice some wind noise coming from the passenger door when I asked about wind noises on the highway because I have noticed multiple complaints about the issue from other cadillac owners. So now that I know what i'm getting myself into with a wind noise issue with this escalade and I don't even have it delivered yet to my house... what are my options? Of course I could take it to the dealership and they may say there are no issues in their computer regarding wind noises.... or they could verify a problem and say it costs $$$$ to fix. I'm curious what everyone has done to correct the issue if they had the problem. It's not covered under a warranty so I don't have that luxury. I'm wondering if the weather strip seal around the door needs to have some aftermarket rubber sealant applied underneath it to cut down on any wind and sound noises possibly coming from the weather stripping separating from the door or breaking down? Any thoughts are appreciated!

MrHolland
12-08-12, 01:13 AM
Check the thread that says "wind noise"*http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...tech-info.html

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-10-12, 02:21 PM
Blackex, did you find that link helpful? Please send me a private message anytime if you would like me to investigate anything further for you; including the last eight of your VIN in your message would be very helpful.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

blackex
12-11-12, 02:34 PM
Katie,

I have already emailed you and you replied with information to help me already as well as a recall I need to have addressed as well.

Thank you!

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-11-12, 04:19 PM
Katie,
I have already emailed you and you replied with information to help me already as well as a recall I need to have addressed as well.
Thank you!

Ah-ha! Thank you for the clarification, blackex! I apologize for the oversight -- I will look for our email exchange and make a note of your forum user name so I don't make the same error!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

blackex
12-11-12, 08:37 PM
Not a problem! My email is mritten@gmail.com

Big Big Red
12-12-12, 09:26 AM
I test drove a 07 and heard outside noise. Had my wife to drive while i traced it. Discovered it was coming from the small triangle section located closest to dash. Popped the triangle cover off and there it was. A small piece of weather strip that was pulling away from the seem it was supposed to be in. Hope that's all your problem is. Blessings to you.