: 2012 V Coupe and Eibachs

sunsalem
12-07-12, 04:17 PM
I have been searching on the forum for info regarding the installation of a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs on a 2012 CTS-V Coupe and haven't found a definitive answer. Anyone installed a set on a 2012 Coupe? From what I can gather so far, what I need to do is remove is the dust caps and cut the bump stops on the fronts and do neither to the rears? I don't want the dreaded squeaking or leaking shocks later.

sunsalem
12-11-12, 01:31 PM
The local dealer has the car and is installing the Eibachs today. I gave them a link to the forum, as they hadn't installed the Eibachs on a CTS-V before. Hopefully, they won't screw it up.

CTSWEEE
12-11-12, 11:14 PM
I did mine...With the help from some board members...I had the bump stops cut and cut 5" off the coil....the car sits great with zero issues with the MRS
""

sunsalem
12-12-12, 07:37 PM
Although the dealer charged me $480 for installation and an alignment and scratched one of my stock satin Graphite wheels with the air-gun, the lowered stance looks great. I did notice the car absorbs potholes better. So far, I am pleased with the Eibachs.

Bubba Ho-Tep
12-14-12, 07:48 PM
Had a local performance shop do mine. Left the dust caps alone but trimmed the bum stops slightly- no issues at all. It's also important to note that I didn't "cut" the front springs like everyone seems to suggest and I'm glad I didn't! The car sits perfect. Don't believe everything you read. I'll post a profile shot when I get a chance.

TheDarkKnight
12-14-12, 09:36 PM
Had a local performance shop do mine. Left the dust caps alone but trimmed the bum stops slightly- no issues at all. It's also important to note that I didn't "cut" the front springs like everyone seems to suggest and I'm glad I didn't! The car sits perfect. Don't believe everything you read. I'll post a profile shot when I get a chance.

Pictures?

sunsalem
12-15-12, 01:17 PM
Had a local performance shop do mine. Left the dust caps alone but trimmed the bum stops slightly- no issues at all. It's also important to note that I didn't "cut" the front springs like everyone seems to suggest and I'm glad I didn't! The car sits perfect. Don't believe everything you read. I'll post a profile shot when I get a chance.I didn't have mine cut either. With the Eibachs, I am not sure why anyone would. The idea of cutting any springs, much less new high-performance springs, bothers me a bit. After my experiences of having my cars modded over the years, I just wouldn't trust anyone to do it right.

CoppeR
12-15-12, 04:04 PM
Although the dealer charged me $480 for installation and an alignment and scratched one of my stock satin Graphite wheels with the air-gun, the lowered stance looks great. I did notice the car absorbs potholes better. So far, I am pleased with the Eibachs.

Did they cut the bump stops? Guess you'll know if the car starts squeaking.

sunsalem
12-16-12, 04:03 AM
Did they cut the bump stops? Guess you'll know if the car starts squeaking.Yes, and removed the dust covers too.

Karch
12-16-12, 04:12 AM
Pics, please.

Bubba Ho-Tep
12-18-12, 11:58 PM
As promised- here's a profile shot of my '12 V Coupe with stock Eibach height (i.e. NO cutting!)....

http://www.gmelliottvideo.com/photos/eibachvcoupe.jpg

CoppeR
12-20-12, 10:10 AM
Looks sweet!!

SoCalCTSV
12-20-12, 01:49 PM
As promised- here's a profile shot of my '12 V Coupe with stock Eibach height (i.e. NO cutting!)....

Nice!

Can you measure front lip clearance?

sunsalem
12-22-12, 01:19 PM
Unfortunately, my dealer-installed Eibachs are starting to squeak. I am not too surprised. Finding someone in Oregon who knows how to install aftermarket parts is difficult, at best. I have been thru this with many vehicles and it isn't brand specific. For some reason, very few folks actually modify their vehicles here (or perhaps just do the work themselves?). At any rate, I have an appointment Thursday to bring it back in.:rolleyes:

tinman
12-27-12, 12:14 PM
Your car looks good. Let us know if your squeak goes away, and what they may have done to accomplish that.

sunsalem
12-28-12, 03:54 AM
Brought it back and nothing changed. They said sometimes that just happens.

CoppeR
12-28-12, 01:22 PM
Either they didnt cut or when they reinserted the bump stop, its not seated all the way in the black collar. That will cause a squeak.

sunsalem
12-29-12, 05:46 PM
Either they didnt cut or when they reinserted the bump stop, its not seated all the way in the black collar. That will cause a squeak.I do suspect they screwed this up. They have been less than truthful in the past.

tinman
12-29-12, 05:52 PM
I do suspect they screwed this up. They have been less than truthful in the past.
Then why use them?

sunsalem
12-30-12, 01:30 PM
Then why use them?There are only 9 cadillac dealers in the entire state and Oregon is a very big state. For example, there is only ONE dealer in the Portland area.

Karch
12-30-12, 01:35 PM
There are only 9 cadillac dealers in the entire state and Oregon is a very big state. For example, there is only ONE dealer in the Portland area.

What qualifies as "big state"?

tinman
12-30-12, 01:45 PM
What qualifies as "big state"?
Hopefully no one from Alaska is in this thread!

sunsalem
12-31-12, 01:56 AM
What qualifies as "big state"?Geographically speaking. There are no "superstores" here. The biggest dealer is in Portland and it isn't exactly huge. Most of the others are dinky.

CoppeR
01-02-13, 10:32 PM
Do u have any speed shops? Stay away from the dealers.

jokerface
01-03-13, 03:03 PM
Unfortunately, my dealer-installed Eibachs are starting to squeak. I am not too surprised. Finding someone in Oregon who knows how to install aftermarket parts is difficult, at best. I have been thru this with many vehicles and it isn't brand specific. For some reason, very few folks actually modify their vehicles here (or perhaps just do the work themselves?). At any rate, I have an appointment Thursday to bring it back in.:rolleyes:

Installed d3 competition springs. Herd squeaking, so back to the shop. Used a spray lubricant for all components, 2 weeks later squeaking back. Ok so cut bump stops and dust cap... D3 says. Come to find out the bump stops have been trimmed/ cut and not recommended to remove dust cap. Only solution left... Thick engine grease ,( Molly grease )under all caps and rod. D3 said this should solve problem. This better work, fingers crossed : /

tinman
01-03-13, 03:07 PM
Understood, but now it may be a maintenance problem. You may have to lube your springs when you change your oil. Hopefully this will put it to rest, however.

sunsalem
01-03-13, 05:59 PM
Do u have any speed shops? Stay away from the dealers.None specializing in Vs that I am aware of. Oregon isn't really known as a "hot rod" kind of a state. People here do double-takes when a Corvette drives by.

----------

Installed d3 competition springs. Herd squeaking, so back to the shop. Used a spray lubricant for all components, 2 weeks later squeaking back. Ok so cut bump stops and dust cap... D3 says. Come to find out the bump stops have been trimmed/ cut and not recommended to remove dust cap. Only solution left... Thick engine grease ,( Molly grease )under all caps and rod. D3 said this should solve problem. This better work, fingers crossed : /Wow, that would be unacceptable to me. If D3 said that to me, I would demand my money back immediately.

jokerface
01-03-13, 08:07 PM
None specializing in Vs that I am aware of. Oregon isn't really known as a "hot rod" kind of a state. People here do double-takes when a Corvette drives by.

----------

Wow, that would be unacceptable to me. If D3 said that to me, I would demand my money back immediately.

In most cases I would have, but I waited over 3 months for these particular springs. And could the springs be defective? I doubt it considering its simplicity. They admitted to encounter this issue rarely in the past but simply do the same greasing and it resolves the problem. I read that to should lubricate when installing springs... I mean what else could it be?!

CoppeR
01-04-13, 09:08 AM
3 months? Could of got Eibachs in 3 days for half the price.

sunsalem
01-04-13, 02:03 PM
3 months? Could of got Eibachs in 3 days for half the price.Yeah, that. And Eibach has been doing springs forever.

jokerface
01-04-13, 02:50 PM
Ok...so I f*cked up :(
Lol
( damn magnetic ride made me lean to d3, didn't want to run Into problems, yet problems ran into me)
Live and learn.

sunsalem
01-16-13, 04:29 PM
After having 2 Cadillac dealers fail to fix the squeaking with my Eibachs, I'll have to find another source for suspension expertise. I noticed neither dealer know much about how the CTS-V suspension system really works. I asked questions and got blank stares in return. Seems to be par for the course when dealing with the service departments at dealerships....at least that has been my experience. Will try to find someone, somewhere in the state Oregon who knows something about late model Cadillac suspensions.

Bill S in Philly
02-17-13, 05:59 PM
After having 2 Cadillac dealers fail to fix the squeaking with my Eibachs, I'll have to find another source for suspension expertise. I noticed neither dealer know much about how the CTS-V suspension system really works. I asked questions and got blank stares in return. Seems to be par for the course when dealing with the service departments at dealerships....at least that has been my experience. Will try to find someone, somewhere in the state Oregon who knows something about late model Cadillac suspensions.

Had the same problem on my 2012 CTS-V with Eibachs. Sounded bad and embarrassing. The installer; J D Performance outside of Philadelphia, PA, (Elkins Park) worked with Hennessesy. And Eibach to fix the problem. Runs/handles and sounds great now. Give J.D. performance a call 215-938-9270 or jdautorepair96@verizon.net. Ask for Joe and tell him Bill referred you.

Installed sleeves on all for springs that ride or thread up first 3 coils. Eibach has the sleeves. Also RE- aligned front wheels for better wear with the soft rubber.
Car is awesome now. It took several weeks to find the correct remedy. The Eibach springs are actually for 2011 CTS-V's.

----------

http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=40.053805,-75.075611&zoom=14&markers=40.053805,-75.075611&size=400x300&sensor=true

Easy fix and worth the wait. Can be fixed/repaired in less than one day. My pics were to large to send. Send me your email address and I'll send the photos.

sunsalem
02-18-13, 12:13 PM
PM sent....:)

Bill S in Philly
02-19-13, 11:04 AM
Installed d3 competition springs. Herd squeaking, so back to the shop. Used a spray lubricant for all components, 2 weeks later squeaking back. Ok so cut bump stops and dust cap... D3 says. Come to find out the bump stops have been trimmed/ cut and not recommended to remove dust cap. Only solution left... Thick engine grease ,( Molly grease )under all caps and rod. D3 said this should solve problem. This better work, fingers crossed : /

Call Joe at JD Performance;1-215-938-9270 or email him at jdsautorepair96@verizon.net. Don't rely on the dealer telling you what to do to fix it, your going to have to tell them what the remedy is through your research. Don't let them grease it up or use a lube because it will only windup screwing your aluminum wheels up which you will never keep them clean. Call Joe, I already told him you would be calling. Have your dealer call him.

----------

In most cases I would have, but I waited over 3 months for these particular springs. And could the springs be defective? I doubt it considering its simplicity. They admitted to encounter this issue rarely in the past but simply do the same greasing and it resolves the problem. I read that to should lubricate when installing springs... I mean what else could it be?!

Call Joe at JD Performance;1-215-938-9270 or email him at jdsautorepair96@verizon.net. Don't rely on the dealer telling you what to do to fix it, your going to have to tell them what the remedy is through your research. Don't let them grease it up or use a lube because it will only windup screwing your aluminum wheels up which you will never keep them clean. Call Joe, I already told him you would be calling. Have your dealer call him. Bill S in Philly.

----------

Call Joe at JD Performance;1-215-938-9270 or email him at jdsautorepair96@verizon.net. Don't rely on the dealer telling you what to do to fix it, your going to have to tell them what the remedy is through your research. Don't let them grease it up or use a lube because it will only windup screwing your aluminum wheels up which you will never keep them clean. Call Joe, I already told him you would be calling. Have your dealer call him.

----------

Call Joe at JD Performance;1-215-938-9270 or email him at jdsautorepair96@verizon.net. Don't rely on the dealer telling you what to do to fix it, your going to have to tell them what the remedy is through your research. Don't let them grease it up or use a lube because it will only windup screwing your aluminum wheels up which you will never keep them clean. Call Joe, I already told him you would be calling. Have your dealer call him. Bill S in Philly.

The Eibach springs are a great product. The sleeves will fix the problem. Also instructions came with the springs to cut the bumper stops.

sunsalem
02-19-13, 02:08 PM
Easy fix and worth the wait. Can be fixed/repaired in less than one day. My pics were to large to send. Send me your email address and I'll send the photos.Thanx. Here is my email address: xlrctsv@gmail.com

DCV
02-22-13, 10:43 PM
This is a good thread as I plan to get Eibachs unless I get sequestered next month. Anyhow. I have had other modded cars that squeaked the springs and the solution was to put sleeves on the coils and it made the squeaks go away. So it does work. My Mugens for my Acuras had sleeves.

sunsalem
02-23-13, 03:29 AM
This is a good thread as I plan to get Eibachs unless I get sequestered next month. Anyhow. I have had other modded cars that squeaked the springs and the solution was to put sleeves on the coils and it made the squeaks go away. So it does work. My Mugens for my Acuras had sleeves.Eibach does have "sleeves" for their CTS-V spring kit. Unknown to me, it wasn't included in the original kit and I ended up paying my dealer to put on the Eibach springs without the sleeves. As it stands, I am out 400 bucks for the sleeveless install and the car still squeaks. Unfortunately, I will have to pay for additional "installation" labor to have the sleeves put in properly. Ultimately, it will probably cost me $2,000 to have my car dropped an inch...

Trionalaw
03-01-13, 10:34 AM
The only word to describe your car is "scrumptious."

----------

By the way, what kind of wax do you use on this beauty?

sunsalem
03-01-13, 01:46 PM
The only word to describe your car is "scrumptious."

----------

By the way, what kind of wax do you use on this beauty?Huh? Sorry, I haven't had my morning coffee yet....