: Nexen N7000s

Mephy
12-07-12, 07:33 AM
Hey guys, I did a search and found one guy who had installed these on his STS, but he has not responded to my PM. So I'm posting here to see if anyone else has any experience with these?

I can get 4 of them for $400, brand new. If anyone has any experience with these, can you elaborate? Currently I have Nitto NT350s which weren't that impressive. Noisy ride, didn't last QUITE so long, but considering the price, not too bad. Good traction, not so good in wet. So what about these Nexens?

Thanks in advance guys!

truckinman
12-07-12, 09:16 AM
Damn. A set of 4 tires at 400 bucks is a damn good deal on any tire for this car. I recently had to replace the right front bc of a damn nail and the cheapest tire I could find anywhere for the front was 250 PER tire. I finally tried walmart and they had one for 125.

curtc
12-07-12, 11:35 AM
DO NOT BUY NEXEN TIRES!

They're cheap for a reason, you get what you pay for when it comes to tires.

A $50k+ luxury car and you are considering those??

Those are for broke rice burner drivers, don't insult your car with that garbage.

Neko98
12-07-12, 11:52 AM
I followed the advice of many here and set up conti's dws's all around, and I will tell you I'm very happy with the decision. Town fair tire, all 4 installed with alignment. Right around $900. On the pricey side but but great so far. That was for the 17's 235/50/17 up front and 255/45/17 rear.

Mephy
12-08-12, 03:23 PM
Well since that price is for 17s mine will be a little more. I have 235/50zr18s. I've found Sumitomo or Yokohamas for around $800 installed and balanced. That was at NTB when they had a buy 2 get 2 for free.

As far as the comment about "a 50k luxury car and you're considering that" comment, to each his own. It was a simple question because outside of this forum I've seen nothing but good comments about the Nexen N7000s. But I always come here first for everything. Plus mine was $62k, and yes, I'm considering those.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm still up in the air. I'd really appreciate someone's opinion who has ACTUAL experience with these tires. Not hearsay. Thanks again.

curtc
12-08-12, 03:33 PM
Well since that price is for 17s mine will be a little more. I have 235/50zr18s. I've found Sumitomo or Yokohamas for around $800 installed and balanced. That was at NTB when they had a buy 2 get 2 for free.

As far as the comment about "a 50k luxury car and you're considering that" comment, to each his own. It was a simple question because outside of this forum I've seen nothing but good comments about the Nexen N7000s. But I always come here first for everything. Plus mine was $62k, and yes, I'm considering those.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm still up in the air. I'd really appreciate someone's opinion who has ACTUAL experience with these tires. Not hearsay. Thanks again.

$800 for buy 2 get 2? Damn....NTB is a joke BTW, have a friend who works there, he agrees completely.

Did you see my "+" after the $50k statement? Mine was more than $50k too when it was new...didn't pay close to that though, never would.

I just priced Discount Tire Direct, $193/each for 235/50/18 Continental DWS's, $881 with lifetime rotate/balance and hazard repair/replacement. The tires are also backed by a 50k manufacturer tread warranty.

Just searched for reviews on those Nexen N7000's...hit and miss, lots complaining about fast tread wear and poor wet traction, 2 things that are very important to me when buying new tires.

Loren
12-08-12, 04:04 PM
I just had to check out comments on those N7000 tires. Here's the best:
PRO-They're round. I had to smile at that one. Link:
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/tires-auto-parts/tires/ultra-high-performance-all-season-tire-ratings/models/overview/nexen-n7000-99032558.htm

Mephy
12-08-12, 05:55 PM
Anyone who works at a tire place or any place for that matter usually has complaints about it. That NTB deal also included road hazard and 4 wheel alignment as well. Agreed that the tires were still priced higher than normal for the deal.

As for the tire rack pricing, that's all good and dandy but let's not forget to add in around $20 to mount and balance all 4. Probably some extra for disposal or something as well.

As for your reviews, I didn't see any TOTAL review of less than 4/5 stars. Obviously, EVERY item will have bad reviews, but when most of good, that usually says something.

Do you have any personal experience with the Nexens? If not, then I can do the same google search you did.

eatyoursandwich
12-10-12, 09:57 AM
Do you have any personal experience with the Nexens? If not, then I can do the same google search you did.

I do. For the cheapest wheels available, they're okay, but if you ever plan on taking hard corners, going sideways (please don't), or generally just drive hard, these tires are awful. If you perpetually drive in a straight line, they are perfect.

I had a set of N7000s I used as spares on a STi I had in college. I had 2 sidewalls blow in less than 5000 miles -- on a suspension with adjustable control arms, no + or - camber at the time. All mounted and balanced by NTB.

Tires are the #1 thing you do not want to skimp on. Again, these are decent spares, but for a DD, the Falken 512's aren't too much more and a far better quality tire.