: Black diamond coupe blacked out with matching paint

RJS09GTR
12-07-12, 01:06 AM
Got my '11 ctsv coupe back today, had the chrome pieces painted in matching black diamond paint. I'm very happy with how it came out, now gotta think of what's the next mods

Ste_V_e
12-07-12, 02:35 AM
That Looks really good. Now I want to black out my car.

BigDog001
12-07-12, 08:05 AM
Hey I think your car looks great -- I also have an '11 coupe black diamond edition -- I had started by having the Grills painted black (not plasti dipped) and within days I was getting chips in the paint from road debris -- I then upgraded to a RaceMesh Grill custom product - which is metal and powder coated. Question -- Who painted your car? ... and did they do anything to protect from chipping? Again car looks great!

GreaseMonkey
12-07-12, 08:30 AM
That looks great. Why GM doesn't offer it as an option is beyond me.

TheDarkKnight
12-07-12, 05:05 PM
Looks great man, where in PA are you?

Mike02z
12-07-12, 07:01 PM
Looks great! Black Diamond is so hard to tell what it really looks like until you have seen it in person. Pictures can't do it justice. Really nice work.

I'd probably have the tails painted/tinted and the Caddy and V emblems painted/tinted (or removed) but those are personal choices I made and don't expect everyone to like them.

RJS09GTR
12-07-12, 09:30 PM
I had the paint done by a local shop that I've been using for years. They scuffed, painted, and clear coated all of the chrome pieces, and used high temp paint to match the exhaust pipes. I'm in langhorne pa, about 30 miles north of Philly. Thanks for the compliments, and I agree that GM should've offered a blacked out option

Trapspeed
12-07-12, 09:58 PM
Nicely, nicely done. :thumbsup:

Mike02z
12-08-12, 12:30 AM
I had the paint done by a local shop that I've been using for years. They scuffed, painted, and clear coated all of the chrome pieces, and used high temp paint to match the exhaust pipes. I'm in langhorne pa, about 30 miles north of Philly. Thanks for the compliments, and I agree that GM should've offered a blacked out option

We're neighbors! I'm in Holland.

TheDarkKnight
12-08-12, 08:32 AM

What shop did you use? Can I ask you what that cost you? I have black diamond paint as well and would be Interested for the right price. I'm in Pottstown neighbor!

BigDog001
12-08-12, 12:01 PM
What shop did you use? Can I ask you what that cost you? I have black diamond paint as well and would be Interested for the right price. I'm in Pottstown neighbor!

I was going to ask the same questions -- I live in the Morristown NJ Area -- how long did it take them to do it?

IBMike
12-09-12, 10:01 AM
Looks good... wouldn't want to see it in person because then I'd be more tempted to go this route over the much cheaper plasti-dip route lol

TheDarkKnight
12-09-12, 02:42 PM
Looks good... wouldn't want to see it in person because then I'd be more tempted to go this route over the much cheaper plasti-dip route lol

Don't be fooled though, plastidip really is BLACK magic!

RJS09GTR
12-09-12, 10:37 PM

I used scrappy's in penndel pa, but between me and my father we've been using them for his business and our personal vehicles for over 25 years, so my price was a favor price, so I'm not sure what the going rate would be. You can call them, 215-750-2700, ask for jimmy, tell him Ron with the ctsv coupe told you to call him. Good to see there's local v lovers in my area!

----------

I used scrappy's in penndel pa, but between me and my father we've been using them for his business and our personal vehicles for over 25 years, so my price was a favor price, so I'm not sure what the going rate would be. You can call them, 215-750-2700, ask for jimmy, tell him Ron with the ctsv coupe told you to call him. Good to see there's local v lovers in my area!

----------

I was going to ask the same questions -- I live in the Morristown NJ Area -- how long did it take them to do it?

Took a day and a half start to finsh

----------

It took them a day and a half start to finish

sdgc
12-15-12, 11:24 AM
Like that metallic black... looks awsome... wish I would have found an escalade in that color.