: 50k Factory Warranty Almost Up - Items to check???

Slangley
12-07-12, 12:06 AM
My 2010 Escalade has 49,500 miles and I plan to take it in for service this weekend before it hits 50k. I want to have the dealer check it over for any items that may be worn and covered under the factory warranty. I will have them check the following:

1. Suspension / Shocks
2. Battery / Cables
3. A few cosmetic issues with dash and leather seats
4. Belts / Hoses

Any other items that should be checked?

Thanks!

Royalton
12-07-12, 01:04 AM
Joints should be lubed, serpentine belt and A/C compressor belt should be checked like you said. (A/C belt is a small one at the very bottom) Brakes and rotors as well as tire tread checked for wear, not that they'd cover that but nice to know how much life is left. All fluids topped off if needed. Air filter checked, oil change if due. Might as well ask them if they will replace your faded emblems for free since if yours is a 2010 they are probably somewhat faded by now. Check all your door handles, if they haven't broken yet they are almost due. Check the clearcoat on all your window sills for peeling too. Before you go in check things yourself, Id check all your heated seats and lumbars work too as those don't last too long. Have you gotten any paperwork in the mail from GM with an offer to renew the service contract? If so what rate did they offer you?

toygar
12-07-12, 08:28 AM
exterior windows sills tend to lose paint and look very ugly.it should be covered under bumper to bumper.
also the cloth on a pillars tend to look wavy on cold weather.

bruin300
12-07-12, 09:04 AM
Also have them check the radio and A/C control Knobs for discoloration. Your carpet, if it is the Ebony it may have lost some color. The chrome around the transmission handle peals. Also have them check the front headlights. The clear exterior starts to get a foggy look to it. Your running boards motors. And your center counsel lid tends to wiggle/loosen up.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-07-12, 10:44 AM
Hope all goes well, Slangley! If there is anything you wanted for us to follow up on, let us know via direct message or email (katie_lucille@gmexpert.com) - be sure to include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and the name of your dealership.

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service