: Driver's door switch location?

Gameguru
12-06-12, 09:11 PM
I have an 04 base Escalade that has a driver's side door issue. Ocassionally when I open the driver's side door, it won't turn on the dome lights. Also once I turn the truck off and remove the key, it won't turn off the radio when I open the door. The other three doors work fine. It's definitelly NOT the dome light button.

I can't find and door jamb switch so I'm guessing it is internal in the door somewhere and needs to be replaced or at least cleaned. I do suppose it could be a wire shorting somewhere but a quick look this evening came up with nothing obvious. If anyone can help me on this I would really be appreciative.

GG

6lbsofSound
12-06-12, 09:39 PM
It's built into the latch. A pain to fix since you have to take the door card off.

jnrsesv
12-07-12, 07:02 AM
The door card is simple to remove. Takes a few minutes with just a couple of basic tools. I have pictures, if interested when I replaced the drivers window actuator.

Gameguru
12-07-12, 10:48 AM
I installed car stereos as a side job when I was stationed in New Mexico so I'm comfortable with removing the panel. I just didn't want to tear into it unless necessary. I am really hoping I can manage to repair what is there. I imagine a new latch will not be cheap to replace.