: Escalade 2007 DRL's not working

bochalov
12-06-12, 03:42 PM
Hello to everybody!

I have Cadillac Escalade 2007. Just today noticed that my DRL's not working any more. I have LED bulbs on DRL installed and before I didn't have any problems with lights. Low and high beam lights coming on and off automaticaly, like it must be, but not DRL's. I chacked bulds, fuse and wiring from fuse to lights - all OK.
Do anybody have any idea why my lights are not working? Is any OEM relay installed for DRL and if so where it is located?

hcvone
12-06-12, 04:06 PM
I am sure you know this that your truck has to be in drive for the dtr lights to come on, did you retry the stock bulbs?

bochalov
12-06-12, 04:09 PM
Yes, I know about transmision must be in drive position. No, I didn't try stock bulbs? How it can effect?

hcvone
12-06-12, 04:17 PM
Many have had issues with led's in their drl's

----------

The relay is in the underhood fuse block

bochalov
12-06-12, 04:20 PM
I'll try to put factory bulds back and see if anything will change. The relay I didn't find in fuse block. Do you know exact position of this relay or may be some number of it?

hcvone
12-06-12, 05:28 PM
I only have platinums here and they are different, but the service manual shows the drl relay next to the hi/low headlight relay on the bottom of the fuse block, you have to remove the top part to get to the relays on the bottom, it's all the service book shows. Might say PCB on it somewhere

bochalov
12-07-12, 12:12 AM
I'll have a look. Thank you!

bochalov
12-07-12, 01:54 PM
I checked today, but didn't find any relay for DRL's, only fuse. Also I putted back OEM bulbs and still nothing happening. Below is pictures of my underhood fuse box. If you guys know position of this relay, please let me know, as I cannot find it.

BlownEscalade
12-07-12, 08:27 PM
Do you have power going to the fuse? On the drl make sure you have 12vdc and the other end check continuity to ground.

bochalov
12-08-12, 02:13 AM
I checked yestedya wiring from fuse to bulbs, I gave 12V DC from battery directly to the fuse and DRL's came ON, so wiring and ground is fine. Look's like there is no power to the fuse, but I cannot find where it comming from to the fuse.

First1
12-12-12, 10:56 PM
Look in the manual it will tell you how to turn them back on. I believe the light switch needs to be in the auto position.
Start the vehicle
put into drive
set the parking brake
set light switch to auto
look at DRLs ......they should be on

bochalov
01-15-13, 01:00 PM
Today I checked my DRL's with Tech2 scanner and they're not working, looks like DRL relay is not working, but I cannot find position of this relay.

----------

Do anyone knows where DRL Relay is located?

48Dodge
01-15-13, 01:13 PM
Look in the manual it will tell you how to turn them back on. I believe the light switch needs to be in the auto position.
Start the vehicle
put into drive
set the parking brake
set light switch to auto
look at DRLs ......they should be on

Doesn't the parking brake kill the drls?

BlownEscalade
01-16-13, 07:36 AM
It does, but it has a fail safe that will turn on drl once in motion with e brake down

djlex
01-18-13, 12:31 PM
I have this problem also. My DRL's don't work . they didn't work when i bought the car, so i went to the dealer and he said the computer is programmed for drl, but they don't work when he gives the ON command via Tech II.
I also gave +12V to the fuse, and they work...

bochalov
01-20-13, 03:34 AM
I spoke with Cadillac tech and they told me:

"The DRL relay is built inside the underhood fuse panel. It is a PCB relay, meaning it is soldered directly to the circuit board inside the fuse panel. It is somewhat common for these relays to fail and unfortunately there is no provision for replacing the relay other than replacing the entire fuse panel. While commanding the DRL relay with the Tech 2 you should be able to hear a click inside the underhood fuse panel. If the relay does not actuate or if it does click but there is no power at the DRL fuse when activated then the relay is faulty and the fuse panel will need to be replaced."

djlex
01-20-13, 04:25 AM
Wow. Good piece of information. But unfortunately, i'm afraid to think how expensive the fuse block would be .... :-)

bochalov
01-20-13, 11:50 AM
I looked prices for this fuse block in US and prices between 200-250 USD. I'm leaving in Ukraine and for me it's a problem to get a new fuse block, as sellers don't want to do shipping to Ukraine. (((

djlex
01-20-13, 01:10 PM
I looked too. I might get it but maybe in a couple of months, as i already have some expenses in progress and can't afford any extra for the time being. Keep posted if i buy it first :-)

kazza93203
01-20-13, 08:55 PM
Turn vehicle on, put in drive, and put a flash light on the sensor on the dash I believe. Should be able to cycle the DRL's by applying light to sensor mimicking day light.

bochalov
01-21-13, 06:53 AM
I did that already. Also I checked light sensor with Tech2 - all OK, but DRL still off, so looks like it's PCB relay and all fuse board must be changed.

BlownEscalade
01-21-13, 07:21 AM
You could wire the fuse to a 12vdc ignition circuit with a diode. Down side of that would be your drl on all the time your ignition is on.