: New owner 2007 Escalade.....ext warranty worth it?

Amartins02
12-06-12, 02:34 PM
Hi everyone. Soon to be new owner of a 2007 Escalade with 61k miles. The used car dealer offered an extended warranty for $2200. It covers the vehicle for 3 yrs/36k miles.

To all the long time forum members who are aware of any problems these Escalades have... Is it worth our time and money to get an extended warranty? I have to figure out what the deductible is or all the exact stipulations of the plan but any heads up would be great.

I did price out an extended warranty through my bank (USAA) but the quote came out to $5k. Are there any reputable third party sites that offer good warranties?

TIA

toygar
12-06-12, 03:05 PM
when i bought my 2008 i got offered the extended warranty, i didnt go for it .
shortly after the heated seat and lumbar support went bad in the driver seat.expensive to fix those.
apparently the extended warranty covers switches and modules .
u might wanna double check on that.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-06-12, 04:13 PM
TIA, I'm happy to see you're considering an Escalade! If you ever have questions about the specific vehicle you're thinking about, please feel free to send me its VIN and I can pass along the full build code listing.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Royalton
12-06-12, 07:59 PM
That is an average price. I paid $1800 for mine just make sure it is an exclusionary policy... meaning its covers EVERYTHING except the following..... and not the kind that only covers the following things. Ask your cadillac dealership how much they would charge for the GM warranty.

The dealership by me in Miami will not accept 3rd party warranties, so that was a pain for me. I also have a $100 deductible. So far lumbar broke cost me $100 and my warranty company $450

There's so much to go wrong with escalades so that's why i got mine. Also remember that if you are financing the car if a warranty is $2000 after 60 month payments at 8%apr you paid almost $3k for that $2k warranty So get some quotes online https://www.warrantydirect.com tell the dealer you found a better price and they might lower their price a hundred or 2.

Also I bought a $4,000 warranty though http://www.aaautowarranty.com/ and the company that wrote the policy went bankrupt and I was left with zero, At least they paid for a whole new rear end for me 6 months before they went out of business.