: new Caddy owner with ?

17Oaks
12-06-12, 12:32 PM
Due to business requirements wife had to buy a larger car. Local MB dealer advertised a Cad escalade ESV (Platinum) and we were able to trade straight up and across the boards for the Caddy (NO sales tax).

Cad was a unusual car and unlike any escalade we had seen in the past few weeks. When I went to get it insured on line I could not get the for to load. I needed to tell them the MSRP of the car when bought (its a 2009) and of course I did not know. So I started plugging inb numbers in 5k increments starting at $35k, I got up to $55k and a box popped up telling me to contanct an agent. I did and she took the vin and it came back........$92,000 bucks. To which I said that must be impossible I can buy a 2013 with every known option and not even get CLOSE to that number.

Girl tells me its a "Platinum" and those are special cars made for the US GOVT and that Wash DC is FULL of them along with Embassies etc.

I did stop off at a Caddy dealer and talked to a sales car who had been there a long time and he said he had never sold one or heard of one being sold there. He did say he had seen one in for service before but was not sure about them...

Is this real?????

ELUSIVE
12-06-12, 01:11 PM
What does it have on it that is so unusual?
Just curious.
Highest I can get a 2013 ESV AWD Platinum is $86,455.

Royalton
12-06-12, 01:31 PM
My experience is that you have a crappy ins comp. with ins companies it usually goes like this, they insure it for book value which declines each year (even though your payment doesn't)

If you choose not to insure it at book value you can insure it for a higher amount for higher payments. Sounds like they automatically try to get their customers to insure it at a higher price.

On my policy they state that if I insure it at a higher value I have to either get an approved appraisal. or if its totaled an adjuster comes out and appraises if the added equipment is plausible for the extra amount I have it insured at.

odds are if you insure a a 2009 worth $50k for 90k if wrecked the adjuster will tell you your crazy and your added equiptment no way justify $40k more and he will hand you a check for $40k.

I'm 31 and live in a high theft area and high accident area (Miami). I have full coverage $500 deductibles with Progressive Ins for $172 per month. I get a 30% snapshot discount.
I got 5 or 6 quotes and for me Progressive was the cheapest by far. Than I signed up for snapshot discount where they monitor your driving for 3 months, during which I mostly drove my other car so poof 30% discount for life ;) During that period if you drive too many miles your discount will be around 10% though so if you have another car try to drive both equally during that period.

Switch insurance companies, also curious what was the quote they gave you? Your insurance lady lied to you or knows absolutely nothing about cars. (another reason to run away from them) The Gov. buys police speced tahoes, crown vics, taures, and now lots of dodges on the reg. Doesnt mean it costs more in insurance. Your Platinum Lade is common, I see dozens every day on the road. unless it's completely bulletproof and shoots lasers out the headlights and has an ejection seat button...that's the ONLY thing that's going to add on 40k lol

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-06-12, 03:10 PM
17Oaks, I'm sorry to hear about the confusion! Please feel free to send me your VIN and I can send you your build sheet, which will show the options that came with your Escalade. I can also look into your MSRP; this MSRP may not include every option on your vehicle but may give you a good place to to start.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

36dbldz
12-06-12, 11:03 PM
$170 a month wow, I live up by Daytona and am 37 and pay $92 full coverage (27% snapshot discount) 4000 additional accessories coverage and I believe $250 deductible.

Check other spots

Royalton
12-07-12, 12:52 AM
$92 for full coverage wow that's awesome. I have a 4x4 explorer too and pay $45 a month but for for state minimum. I thought I was getting a deal at $172 and now I regret reading your post haha thanks

I think the theft rate is really high here and Miami Beach floods all the time too so those 2 factors might be hurting me a bit too. Right now the bottom of my truck if full of white powder (salt) I cant keep up with the flooding. Ever since Sandy I have to wash the undercarriage every single week.

What rates are others paying?

17Oaks
12-07-12, 02:21 PM
17Oaks, I'm sorry to hear about the confusion! Please feel free to send me your VIN and I can send you your build sheet, which will show the options that came with your Escalade. I can also look into your MSRP; this MSRP may not include every option on your vehicle but may give you a good place to to start.

Best,

Katie
Thanks so much

VIN: 1GYFK362X9R144902

As for the $92k I think I was so shocked and we got to talking, had NO earthly idea, nearly dropped the fone. I think she said something like time you add the taxes n stuff its about $92k.

I did not ask her why they want MSRP, possibly due a theft then a recovery...here I am ONLY guessing. My Jeep got stolen and then later recovered and I did not have the window sticker. The Jeep had been used on a drug run from where I lived in Va to Miami, then stripped out COMPLETELY...I was stunned when the ins co decided to fix it!!! They sent me a check for $7800 and I sold it for $7500, paid $15000 for it several years and a 138,000 miles ago????? Who knows.

Wife LOVES this car and it hauls all her stuff for her business so all is good: happy wife = happy life

ryanwood86
12-08-12, 01:45 AM
My full coverage is $110 a month with a $250 deductible and full comprehensive. The reason it's so high compared to a brand new LTZ Suburban with the same options is because Cadillac trucks have a higher theft rate. I also have a 2009

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-10-12, 02:25 PM
Thanks so much
VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The current MSRP for the 2009 Platinum AWD is $86,390.00 with a destination charge of $ $950.00. Keep in mind that all prices provided represent the current Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price and do not include tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional or dealer installed equipment. I hope this helps.

Please see your build code information below, and don’t hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you would like any further assistance along the way. (I made a note of your VIN in regards to your MSRP question, so please feel free to “edit” out your VIN if you would like to remove that from this thread.)

Best,

Katie

1SZ - OPTION PACKAGE DISCOUNT
41I - LINEN
7LN - SPRING
A31 - POWER WINDOWS W/DR EXPRESS DOWN
AG2 - ADJUSTER PASS ST POWER, MULTI DIRECTIONAL
AL0 - PASSENGER DETECTOR
AN3 - NUANCE LEATHER SEATING SURFACE WITH 10-WAY POWER FRONT SEATS W/HEATED CUSHIONS & BACKRESTS
ARL - PLANT CODE ARLINGTON, TX USA
AS3 - 3-PASSENGER, 3RD ROW SEAT
AU3 - DOOR LOCKS, POWER PROGRAMMABLE
AYE - DVD HEADRESTS
B39 - COVERING FLOOR CARPET, LOAD FLOOR
B85 - BODYSIDE MOLDINGS
BS1 - INSULATION ACOUSTICAL PACKAGE
C36 - REAR HEATER
C69 - HVAC SYSTEM RR AIR CONDITIONER
CE1 - WIPER SYSTEM WINSHIELD, PULSE, MOISTURE SENSITIVE
CJ2 - TRI-ZONE AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL
DCP - ONSTAR DIRECTIONS AND CONNECTIONS 1 YR FACTORY PACKAGE
DH6 - MIRROR I/S FRT VAN ILLUM LH&RH
DL3 - POWER FOLD AND ADJUST HEATED OUTSIDE MIRROR WITH TURN SIGNAL AND DRIVER SIDE AUTO DIMMING
DT4 - SMOKERS PACKAGE
E61 - DOOR RR LIFTGATE, POWER
FE9 - FEDERAL EMISSIONS
G80 - LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
HNE - HEATED/COOLED CUP HOLDERS
JF4 - POWER ADJUSTABLE PEDALS
K34 - CRUISE CONTROL
KA9 - HEATED STEERING WHEEL
KC4 - ENGINE OIL COOLER
KW1 - 160 AMP ALTERNATOR
MYC - 6-SPD AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
NR3 - TRANSFER CASE - AWD
NZ4 - WHEEL SPARE FULL SIZE, 17" STEEL
R9I - HEATED WASHER FLUID SYSTEM NOT INCLUDED
S85 - 22" CHROMED ALUMINUM WHEELS
SLM - SALES STOCK ORDERS
T74 - HEADLAMPS CONTROL AUTOMATIC DELAY
TGA - LANGUAGE CONTROL ENGLISH, FRENCH, SPANISH
TQ5 - INTELLIBEAM
U42 - REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM
UBS - XM NAVTRAFFIC
UE1 - 1 YR ONSTAR DIRECTIONS W/TURN- BY-TURN NAVIGATION (ASK DEALER ABOUT GEOGRAPHIC COVERAGE)
UG1 - HOMELINK UNIVERSAL TRANSMITTER
UK3 - STEERING WHEEL RADIO CONTROLS
ULT - PLATINUM EDITION
UQS - SPEAKER SYSTEM PREMIUM AUDIO BRANDED WITH SURROUND AMPLIFIER
V1K - LUGGAGE CARRIER CROSS RAILS
V73 - VEHICLE STATEMENT USA/CANADA
VGD - FRONT BUMPER-BODY COLOR
VH9 - ENVELOPE OWNER INFO MAN
VPV - HANDLING CHARGE ARLINGTON ASM TO KERR INDUSTRIES
VT7 - OWNERS MANUAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE
VZ2 - CALIBRATION SPEEDOMETER A
YD3 - AXLE (BASE EQUIP)
YD6 - SPRING RR BASE EQUIPMENT
Z75 - CONVERSION NAME PLT CADILLAC
Z95 - MRC MAGNETIC RIDE CONTROL
ZY1 - COLOR COMBINATION SOLID
415 - COCOA/LINEN
6LN - SPRING
98U - WHITE DIAMOND PREMIUM PAINT
AG1 - ADJUSTER FRT ST POWER, MULTI- DIRECTIONAL, DRIVER
AJ1 - DEEP TINTED GLASS
AL4 - SECOND ROW BUCKET SEATS W/HEAT
AP3 - LOCK CONTROL, ENTRY REMOTE, KEYLESS ENTRY, START
ARS - 2ND ROW SEAT POWER RELEASE
ASF - RESTRAINT ROOF SIDE, LH & RH, INFLATABLE
AXP - VIN IDENT POSITION, MULTI- PURPOSE VEHICLE
B30 - COLOR KEYED FLOOR CARPETING
B58 - COLOR KEYED FLOOR MATS - CARPET
BRS - POWER RETRACTABLE ASSIST STEPS
C25 - REAR WINDOW WIPER SYSTEM
C49 - REAR DEFOGGER
C6C - GVW RATING 7,400 LBS
CF5 - POWER SLIDING SUNROOF
D07 - FLOOR CONSOLE
DD8 - MIRROR, INSIDE REARVIEW AUTO- DIMMING, OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE DISPLAY AND ONSTAR CONTROLS
DK8 - DELUXE OVERHEAD CONSOLE
DNU - DVD SCREEN
E52 - LIFT GATE WITH LIFT GLASS
EF7 - COUNTRY UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)
G69 - LOAD LEVELING SUSPENSION
GU6 - AXLE REAR 3.42 RATIO
JD9 - POWER DISC ANTILOCK VAC BRAKE
JL4 - STABILITRAC
KA6 - HEATER SEAT, RR
KB6 - HEATED/COOLED FRONT SEATS
KNP - TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER
L9H - VORTEC 6.2L V8 SFI, 403 HP
N30 - WOOD/LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
NT7 - EMISSION - FEDERAL
QST - TIRE ALL P285/45R22 BW TL AL2
R9N - PROCESSING CODE - SEAT
SAF - LOCKING SPARE TIRE CARRIER
T4Q - HEADLAMPS LED, RH RULE OF ROAD
T96 - FOG LAMPS
TL1 - GRILLE SPECIAL
U3R - ADVANCED DVD NAVIGATION SYSTEM WITH 6 DISC CD/DVD/MP3 CHANGER
U84 - FRONT AND INTEGRAL RR ANTENNA
UD7 - ULTRASONIC REAR PARK ASSIST
UFT - SIDE BLIND ZONE ALERT
UJ6 - TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYSTEM
UK6 - REAR AUDIO CONTROLS
UPF - BLUETOOTH FOR PHONE
UVC - REAR VIEW CAMERA
V54 - ROOF MOUNTED LUGGAGE CARRIER
VFF - VIDEO FORMAT REGION 1 NTSC
VGE - REAR BUMPER-BODY COLOR STEP
VK3 - FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
VR4 - TRAILER HITCH WEIGHT DIST. PLATFORM
VXS - VEHICLE COMPLETE
Y91 - MERCHANDISED PKG LUXURY EDITION
YD5 - SPRING FRONT BASE EQUIPMENT
YE9 - CONVENIENCE PKG COMFORT & DECOR LEVEL #3
Z82 - TRAILER PROVISIONS SPECIAL EQUIPMENT, H.D.
ZRS - TIRE SPARE P265/70R17-113S
~CD -