: Service Stability Light Pls Help!!

DivaCaddy02
12-05-12, 06:45 PM
I had an accident about a month ago and since the Service Stability Light keeps coming on The insurance company says its not an issue for them to fix but I believe it is. The truck was hit on the driver side wheel well and side panel. After researching thru several post about the possible causes I am convinced this has to have been due to the accident. I am unsure if the steering wheel sensor was damaged or knocked loose or if the EBCM was damaged of if the wheel speed sensor was damaged or what. I am not a mechanic but thru this site I was able to fix a few minor things on my truck on my own like my fuel filter and fuel pump replacement yes I did say I:D replaced it myself. I don't really have the money to put it in the shop if its something not related to the accident so I will have to fix myself, can someone please point me in the right direction on what to try first or if I am correct this could be caused by the accident so i know how to address it with the insurance company.:banghead:

the cadillac man
12-05-12, 07:46 PM
I had an accident about a month ago and since the Service Stability Light keeps coming on The insurance company says its not an issue for them to fix but I believe it is. The truck was hit on the driver side wheel well and side panel. After researching thru several post about the possible causes I am convinced this has to have been due to the accident. I am unsure if the steering wheel sensor was damaged or knocked loose or if the EBCM was damaged of if the wheel speed sensor was damaged or what. I am not a mechanic but thru this site I was able to fix a few minor things on my truck on my own like my fuel filter and fuel pump replacement yes I did say I:D replaced it myself. I don't really have the money to put it in the shop if its something not related to the accident so I will have to fix myself, can someone please point me in the right direction on what to try first or if I am correct this could be caused by the accident so i know how to address it with the insurance company.:banghead:

Best to see if there is any codes in the system

Black88GTA
12-05-12, 09:10 PM

The plug for the ride control electronic shock may have gotten knocked off of the shock absorber. That would cause the SSS light to trip. Check to see if it's in place and firmly seated. It is a grey and black plastic plug that sits right on the very top of the shock.