: Trouble code P2135 ?? HELP

Bigjason
12-05-12, 03:51 PM
A few days back I got a check engine light (it turned off traction control and reduced power). Code was P2135 "Throttle pedel position sensor switch A/B voltage correlation", I cleared it and it was fine for 2 days. Now It keeps coming back from time to time. I do still have warrenty but the nearest dealer is 5 hours away.

Has anyone had this before, or are there some checks I can do to help track the problem down?

My plan tonight is to check wiring and if thats ok order the pedel sensor.

THX

wwceaton
12-05-12, 05:34 PM
You can try cleaning the Throttle Body but most likely you will need a new one as this is a common isue. Good luck

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-06-12, 11:24 AM
Bigjason, I just wanted to let you know I'm reachable via email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) if you would like me to check for any open recalls on your Escalade, double check for any closer dealers, or schedule a dealer appointment on your behalf. While I can't provide much in the way of DIY advice, I'm glad to see forum members already jumping in to assist!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Bigjason
12-08-12, 11:25 PM
You can try cleaning the Throttle Body but most likely you will need a new one as this is a common isue. Good luck

Thanks I will give the cleaning a shot after I change the pedal sensor and TPS.

----------

Bigjason, I just wanted to let you know I'm reachable via email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) if you would like me to check for any open recalls on your Escalade, double check for any closer dealers, or schedule a dealer appointment on your behalf. While I can't provide much in the way of DIY advice, I'm glad to see forum members already jumping in to assist!

Best,

Katie

If you could check for open recalls that would be great. THX.

wwceaton
12-09-12, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=Bigjason;3161977]Thanks I will give the cleaning a shot after I change the pedal sensor and TPS.[COLOR="Silver"]

The TPS is part of the Thrttle body. ----------

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-10-12, 01:39 PM
If you could check for open recalls that would be great. THX. VIN xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for your patience, BigJason! Unfortunately, I found I have limited resources to your Escalade's details, which leads me to believe you're a resident outside of the United States. Is this correct? I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes, but my department only has access to the business policies and procedures of customers who reside within the United States at this time.

Therefore, we recommend getting in touch with the Customer Service team nearest you! I'm happy to locate that team, if you don't mind letting me know your country. (And if you'd rather keep that information private, my email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.)

Best,

Katie

Bigjason
12-14-12, 12:03 PM
Thanks for your patience, BigJason! Unfortunately, I found I have limited resources to your Escalade's details, which leads me to believe you're a resident outside of the United States. Is this correct? I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes, but my department only has access to the business policies and procedures of customers who reside within the United States at this time.

Therefore, we recommend getting in touch with the Customer Service team nearest you! I'm happy to locate that team, if you don't mind letting me know your country. (And if you'd rather keep that information private, my email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.)

Best,

Katie

Thanks for the attempt

Bigjason
12-15-12, 02:12 PM
New info.... So the P2135 code comes on 2-3 times a day (usually while idleing to warm up). So I started putting the escalade inside over night (getting cold min -20C). That was a week ago and I have not seen the code since. First day after leaving it inside I let it idle everywhere I went, still no code (but idle was rough). When I get off work again I will put it outside to see if it comes back.