: SHOCK CONVERSION KIT '02 to '06 ESCALADE

martyp1234
12-05-12, 04:42 PM
Hello all, I just bought an '02 Escalade that needs some repairs. The most costly being the rear shocks. After doing some research, I found out that Monroe makes a conversion kit that came with NEW, (not rebuilt) shocks for all four wheels. The kit comes with 2 heavy duty shocks for the front & 2 air shocks for the rear ! The kit also comes with all the resistors etc. for the electronic system ! I priced around & got them from Rock auto for $ 124 bucks delivered ! Hope this helps some of you guys & girls out there with caviar taste & beer budget. :)

like_a_rock
12-05-12, 10:44 PM
have any part numbers? that could be a great solution to an expensive problem ;)

martyp1234
12-06-12, 07:37 AM
Hopefully this works, the part # is 90012.
http://catalog.monroe.com/catalogPart/monroePartSearchFromECatalog.do?partKey=537777&partNumber=90012&catalogKey=455&methodName=initialiseMonroe&catalogCode=monroe&locale=EN&loadStatus=ACTIVE

amtrucker22
12-06-12, 01:24 PM
It would be nice to see the instructions on where to put the resistor and what the ohms are. That we we can replicate it :D

XCRacer440
01-28-13, 12:18 AM
How did this conversion go for you? Any updates? Also let me get this right, it replaces the rear air bags with just shocks like the tahoes have so there isn't an expensive air ride bags and compressor to replace ever again?

wake
01-29-13, 11:30 PM
How did this conversion go for you? Any updates? Also let me get this right, it replaces the rear air bags with just shocks like the tahoes have so there isn't an expensive air ride bags and compressor to replace ever again?

I have this Monroe kit on my 05 and I'm not really that impressed with it. It's hard to describe but it feels spongy and a little harsh at the same time. I actually think the 82K mile stock shocks felt better than the Monroe kit does and I'm probably going to put the 82K mile shocks back on in the spring.

I bought the Sensatracks for my base suspensino 96 Vette several years ago, I wasn't impressed with those either. I don't know what the deal is as I used to swear by Monroe, but they just don't seem to offer the ride/handling quality that they did in the past.

The Escalade kit is still an airbag shock, so you will need your compressor as you did with the OEM.

----------

It would be nice to see the instructions on where to put the resistor and what the ohms are. That we we can replicate it :D

The kit came with blank labeled resistors so I couldn't tell you which ones to purchase. the instructions have you cut off the stock plugs ends and crimp in the resistors. I left the ends on and used wire taps which I sealed up with electrical tape incase I want to go back to the stock shocks, which I found out I do.

the cadillac man
01-29-13, 11:50 PM
I have this Monroe kit on my 05 and I'm not really that impressed with it. It's hard to describe but it feels spongy and a little harsh at the same time. I actually think the 82K mile stock shocks felt better than the Monroe kit does and I'm probably going to put the 82K mile shocks back on in the spring.

I bought the Sensatracks for my base suspensino 96 Vette several years ago, I wasn't impressed with those either. I don't know what the deal is as I used to swear by Monroe, but they just don't seem to offer the ride/handling quality that they did in the past.

The Escalade kit is still an airbag shock, so you will need your compressor as you did with the OEM.

----------

The kit came with blank labeled resistors so I couldn't tell you which ones to purchase. the instructions have you cut off the stock plugs ends and crimp in the resistors. I left the ends on and used wire taps which I sealed up with electrical tape incase I want to go back to the stock shocks, which I found out I do.

I agree my dad has a explorer with Monroe shocks and they are hard you really feel the bumps in the road(heck my worn out rear factory shocks on my truck still ride better then the monroe shocks which I am replacing soon due to being worn out)

I put air shocks on my car and love them but its been awhile since I got the shocks I forget where it was I got them or how much they were

scottf
02-02-13, 04:26 PM
Resistor is 10 W, 2.2 ohms.

ryebread
03-21-13, 04:32 PM
i just got my kit and was reading the terrible instructions.... how do you inflate the rear shocks to static level?

the cadillac man
03-21-13, 04:41 PM
i just got my kit and was reading the terrible instructions.... how do you inflate the rear shocks to static level?

Just start the truck and let it sit with the doors closed if you don't have a tech-2 unit