: Sunroof

DarkMingBlueSTS
12-04-12, 09:26 PM
I'm noticing the rear, driver side corner of my sunroof is a little lower than the rear, passenger side. I took the water hose to it to see what happens and the water seemed to go into the car but idk where to. I don't have any seepage or water stains inside. That lower side may have been like that for awhile now. My wind deflector springs are broken and it stays down when I open the roof but I really feel that the problem can't reside with that issue. But what do you guys think?

EChas3
12-04-12, 09:30 PM
There are four drains. If it doesn't leak and you have no wind noise, thank providence & leave it be.

ddalder
12-04-12, 09:57 PM
These are not intended to be perfectly waterproof. The seal around the glass will keep a lot out, but the whole purpose of the drains is to compensate for the rest.

If you open your front doors, you'll see a black rubber plug on the body just above the attachment point for the door link. This is where the two front drains empty. The two rear drains empty onto the ground from behind the rear wheels/under the rear fascia. This is where you need to look to determine if they are draining.

The glass can be adjusted. If it's uneven though, there may be another problem. I'd need to look again before offering any tips. These can be annoying if the correct technique isn't followed.

Mullah88
12-04-12, 11:35 PM
it drains out the front right....the rubber surrounding mine peeled off (back left corner) the glass and water always sips through but doesnt drench the inside.

ddalder
12-04-12, 11:43 PM
it drains out the front right....the rubber surrounding mine peeled off (back left corner) the glass and water always sips through but doesnt drench the inside.

Ummm, if yours only drains out the front right, you may well have some big problems. Location will vary depending on how the car is tilted, but I can assure you there are four separate drains. Hopefully yours have not become detached (as has been the case with some), or you might find a bunch of water under your carpet.

DarkMingBlueSTS
12-05-12, 07:34 AM
Ok thanks gentlemen, I look into it more now that I have a direction :)

EChas3
12-05-12, 09:51 PM
If you do opt for professional help, I recommend an experienced body shop over a Cadillac dealer. My wife had a wind-noise IOU after buyer her year-old 2007. The dealer was clueless compared to an affiliated body shop that fixed it in a day.

Mullah88
12-06-12, 11:23 AM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q137/chimam2002/2012-12-05092026.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q137/chimam2002/2012-12-05092012.jpg

they said i have to get the whole thing removed and a new one installed...the rubber part. i thought it could be pried back up lol.

as for wind noise, i get a LOT of it from the drivers door coming from the b-pillar section so its right on top of my left ear! annoying

ddalder - nah my drains are not clogged up, they drain as they should

DarkMingBlueSTS
12-23-12, 11:10 AM
Did a water hose test with it today and drains work as they should :)

ddalder
12-23-12, 12:42 PM
ddalder - nah my drains are not clogged up, they drain as they should
Cool. I think I misunderstood your previous post. Glad to hear the drains are working.