: Dashboard glitch

martyp1234
12-04-12, 07:20 PM
Hi, I'm new to this, so please be patient. I just purchased an 2002 Escalade. Nice vehicle ! I'm having what I think is an electrical problem. The car runs great, except the dash goes out when I'm driving. Everything seems fine, but all of a sudden the service traction control, battery, fuel gauge, ABS, etc. just quits !. If I shut it off & restart, it's fine for awhile but hen does it again ? It's driving me nuts ! Any help, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

the cadillac man
12-04-12, 07:51 PM
Hi, I'm new to this, so please be patient. I just purchased an 2002 Escalade. Nice vehicle ! I'm having what I think is an electrical problem. The car runs great, except the dash goes out when I'm driving. Everything seems fine, but all of a sudden the service traction control, battery, fuel gauge, ABS, etc. just quits !. If I shut it off & restart, it's fine for awhile but hen does it again ? It's driving me nuts ! Any help, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sounds like a module is failing if the bcm is failing here is what is affected
Interior and extiorur lights
Windows
Locks
Keyless entry remote
Radio
Gauges
Memory seat
Heated seat
Power seats
Rear window defroster
Wipers
Headlight delay
If any or more in this list is acting up then it is the bcm

martyp1234
12-05-12, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the reply, where would the BCM be locared ?

the cadillac man
12-05-12, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the reply, where would the BCM be locared ?

Under the dash on the drivers side it has a cover on it like the engine computer does.

like_a_rock
12-05-12, 12:23 PM
more than likely the cluster needs to go out for rebuild, internal issue.

martyp1234
12-05-12, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. I just started on this, I'll keep things posted as I go . Thanks again.

martyp1234
12-09-12, 05:14 PM
Talked to a guy that rebuilds clusters. He said it didn't sound like the cluster was bad ? His thought was the BCM. Does anyone know which one's will work & do you have to have them re-programmed ?

the cadillac man
12-09-12, 05:17 PM
Talked to a guy that rebuilds clusters. He said it didn't sound like the cluster was bad ? His thought was the BCM. Does anyone know which one's will work & do you have to have them re-programmed ?

It will have to be programmed at the dealer as it has the vin

like_a_rock
12-14-12, 01:14 AM
the outfit i use to have my clusters rebuilt send them back to me still programmed, have never had to reprogram after being repaired yet. i have had many of them done for everything from prndl working intermittently, speedos reading 120 when your doing 40, full gauge failure and others, they are all over the map for issues up here.

martyp1234
12-15-12, 08:50 AM
Went to Caddy, they scanned it & ordered a rebuilt cluster. They put the cluster in, but the their scan tool wouldn't calibrate it ? Supposed to go back Monday ! HELP !!!!

martyp1234
12-20-12, 07:41 PM
UPDATE : Just heard from Caddy after 6 days ! It seems the memory seat module is bad ! WTF, that has to do with the dash is beyond me. The module runs $350, it must be gold plated. Would love to find a used one. Thanks for all the replies.

the cadillac man
12-20-12, 09:24 PM
UPDATE : Just heard from Caddy after 6 days ! It seems the memory seat module is bad ! WTF, that has to do with the dash is beyond me. The module runs $350, it must be gold plated. Would love to find a used one. Thanks for all the replies.

The memory seat module ties into the seat the mirrors the pedals the keyless entry(driver 1 driver 2) the headlight delay setting the radio presets for both drivers

I know it seems crazy but it is true that module is almost as tied into stuff as the bcm