: So on the subject of front end noises...

Ludacrisvp
12-04-12, 07:14 PM
I may be losing my mind but I swear that I've been hearing / feeling a clunk / rattle type of thing that may be coming from the drivers side occasionally while coasting at low speeds / decelerating while not on the brake. Are we talking sway bars here or the bushing thing from the creaking thread? Or? Car recently had 4 wheel alignment done when the passenger side shock was replaced. I'm fairly certain like ~90% sure that this existed before the shock was replaced so I have to assume its driver side related. I inspected the driver shock as best I could any it seemed perfectly normal and nothing was obvious to me to be wrong. Looking for some tips.

EChas3
12-04-12, 08:31 PM
Control Arm Bushings.

Ludacrisvp
01-24-13, 11:03 PM
Dealer couldn't find a damn thing wrong with the front end ... Guess I will have to look for it myself come warm weather and take some pics like I did for my shock. Any tips on getting a good angle on a picture or is it going to just be a loose feeling?

curtc
01-24-13, 11:12 PM
I thought the same thing...Thought I felt a clunk or just general loose feeling..Had the dealer check out the front end last Saturday when I got the oil changed, and just like Luda, dealer said they could find nothing wrong and that everything was as tight as it should be, no worn bushings or anything.

I would've thought that even if they found something small they would've mentioned it to make some money, whether it's covered under my extended warranty or not.

Got 13k left on the warranty so I want to make sure anything that is covered is looked over well.

DarkMingBlueSTS
01-24-13, 11:35 PM
How's the tires wearing?

Ludacrisvp
01-24-13, 11:42 PM
Car had new rubber when I bought it fairly certain I haven't seen abnormal wear on the tires. I'll have to check tomorrow and see.

DarkMingBlueSTS
01-24-13, 11:46 PM
Car had new rubber when I bought it fairly certain I haven't seen abnormal wear on the tires. I'll have to check tomorrow and see.

Yeah check them, my passenger front tire is starting to "feather" and I have a "clunk" sound on that side. I haven't got it checked out yet to confirm but I'm thinking control arm bushings.

1BadCadSTS
01-26-13, 08:44 AM
Control arm bushings. My dealer missed it until I provided a picture of the damn thing ripped apart.