: garage door opener

FlipEXT
12-03-12, 11:41 PM
Does anyone know how to program the garage door opener for an EXT? My neighbor and I tried to get it done with the manual but no dice.....

the cadillac man
12-04-12, 12:00 AM
Does anyone know how to program the garage door opener for an EXT? My neighbor and I tried to get it done with the manual but no dice.....

Maybe the transmitter unit times out
Try the press and release every two seconds and see if that helps it shows it in the manual about a page or two past the home link setup instructions.

FlipEXT
12-05-12, 12:04 AM
Thanks. I took a look at YouTube And think I know now where I went wrong. I didn't have time today to try it but I will surely make time tomorrow. I will let you know how it turns out..

jnrsesv
12-05-12, 02:02 PM
If above does not work for you, call homelink directly. They have very courteous techs on hand to walk you through the process.

the cadillac man
12-05-12, 04:30 PM
If above does not work for you, call homelink directly. They have very courteous techs on hand to walk you through the process.

True though I haven't had to call for one yet not sure about the op

FlipEXT
12-07-12, 10:38 PM
Still haven't had time to try it. Saturday is the day!!!

FlipEXT
12-08-12, 10:34 PM
I tried for like 2 hours to get my garage door and my Homelink to work ending in frustration! I spoke with a young lady from Homelink but she was unable to get the job done. I guess I'm going to have to pay someone from the dealership to come and set it up!!!! SMH..

the cadillac man
12-08-12, 11:56 PM
I tried for like 2 hours to get my garage door and my Homelink to work ending in frustration! I spoke with a young lady from Homelink but she was unable to get the job done. I guess I'm going to have to pay someone from the dealership to come and set it up!!!! SMH..

Did you try the press and release method on the remote
Also did it have a fresh battery(I know it sounds crazy but it can happen)

FlipEXT
12-09-12, 03:05 PM
I did try the press and release method but no luck. I will try and replace the battery and see if that will work next. Thanks.

Paul P
12-27-12, 06:06 PM
I'm not sure all garage door/gates are compatible with the homelink system. I have both my garage doors programmed but for the life of me I cannot program my US Automatics driveway gate! I have yet to try calling homelink

the cadillac man
12-27-12, 07:11 PM
I'm not sure all garage door/gates are compatible with the homelink system. I have both my garage doors programmed but for the life of me I cannot program my US Automatics driveway gate! I have yet to try calling homelink

Some brands may not use a rf style remote

JeffCr
12-29-12, 10:22 PM
Did you click the button on the garage door opener itself to learn the code? I am reffering to the machine itself not the remote.

jacob9582
12-31-12, 10:10 AM
I had this issue myself...the directions were ok but I had to look up my specific garage door openers manual online to get it to accept the signal from the escalade....took about 4 hours but got it done...good luck!

oldrunner
01-22-13, 01:40 PM
I just bought a 2006 last week and finally got my remote to work with my Genie ProMax by using these instructions:

1. Press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons until the indicator light begins to flash (after 20 seconds). Do not hold for longer than 30 seconds. Do not repeat this step to program additional HomeLink buttons.

2. Place the hand-held remote 1-3 inches from the HomeLink button you want to program.

3. Simultaneously, press and hold both the HomeLink and hand-held remote buttons. Do not release either button until step 4 has been completed. (If you reside in Canada, refer to the "NOTE" below.)

4. When the indicator light changes from a slow blink to a rapid flash, release both buttons.

5. At the garage door opener receiver (motorhead unit) in the garage, locate the"learn" or "smart" button (usually near where the hanging antenna wire is attached).

6. Press and release this "learn" or "smart" button. (The name of these buttons vary by manufacturer.) There are 30 seconds in which to initiate step 7.

7. Firmly press, hold for two seconds, and release the programmed HomeLink button. Do this procedure again and, depending on the make of your garage door opener, do this procedure a third time to complete the procedure.

The garage should now activate when the programmed HomeLink button is
firmly pressed and released. If not, give us a call or refer to the
"Troubleshooting Tips" noted below.

NOTE: If you reside in Canada, replace step three with the following:

Press and hold the desired HomeLink button and "cycle" the hand-held remote. To cycle: Press and release the hand-held remote button every two seconds until the indicator light changes from a slow blink to a rapid flash(step four).

Airdorn
01-22-13, 10:42 PM
Haha, I had no idea my Escalade even had this ability. I read the above instructions and just programmed my 2003 Escalade to open my CHamberlain LiftMaster garage door. No muss, no fuss.

Thanks!

kaiseresko
02-06-13, 11:20 AM
Did you follow the instructions for the rolling code motor? Most likely you have a rolling code garage door opener. I just did mine last night it took me 30min because I kept thinking it wasn't working. I gave up and went to the store and when I came back it worked. I was right under the motor so I could easily push the learn button on my motor so maybe it was too close to work.

scottg05
03-22-13, 12:04 PM
Just did mine on my 05 ext last night. I have the liftmaster 3800 and 3280. Followed the instructions on here. Took about 1 min each but had someone in the garage to push the learn buttons on the openers. Only had to do the learn process once. These use the rolling codes.

LongRX7
03-26-13, 01:27 AM
Sometimes it requires more than one try for it to learn the rolling code from the garage door motor. Make sure it recognizes the garage remote first, then use that same button on homelink to sync with the rolling code from the garage door motor.