: Wheel center caps

Poncherello
12-03-12, 03:48 PM
There was an earlier thread about fading emblems on the front and rear of our Escalades and that got me wondering about mine. The front and rear emblems on mine are fine, it's the emblems on the center caps that are terrible. I spoke to the delaer today and they ordered four new ones for me to be covered under warranty. Anyone else have issues with their center caps?

hcvone
12-04-12, 07:54 AM
On my winter wheels (18 stock chrome) I switched to the non painted center caps, had purchased painted ones on ebay, because they fadded but my trucks are in snow and ice for 6 months a year, and I am not sure if they fadded or were worn off by being burried in snow all the time. Glad your dealership is taking care of you

evois
12-04-12, 10:08 AM
you're probably less than 50k miles? because gmpp majorguard doesn't cover emblems, etc.

Poncherello
12-04-12, 11:46 AM
you're probably less than 50k miles? because gmpp majorguard doesn't cover emblems, etc.

I'm just under 30,000 miles. Covered under the 4/50K bumper to bumper.

If mine look that bad after 2 years I'm wonder what they'd look like after 4 or 5 years. They shouldn't fade that bad that quickly.

Poncherello
12-06-12, 02:19 PM
Had the caps replaced yesterday with no issues. They also took care of the dipstick recall. While mine wasn't cracked it was loose so they replaced it and put the foam on it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-06-12, 03:44 PM
Had the caps replaced yesterday with no issues. They also took care of the dipstick recall. While mine wasn't cracked it was loose so they replaced it and put the foam on it.
Glad you're satisfied with your dealer's repair work, Poncherello! Thank you for keeping this thread updated.

If anyone would like further assistance working with their dealer regarding fading emblems, please feel free to contact me privately via direct message or email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) with the last eight of your VIN.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service