: 1953 62 series caddilac station wagon?

Cacem
12-03-12, 08:15 AM
Hello from Europe.

Iīve just come across this station wagon, done some searching, but couldnīt get all the info I needed.

The owner says itīs from 55 but as far as I know it looks 53 (though I couldnīt find any photos of another 53 wagon to compare to).

Can you please tell me what I have here? Is it that rare and special?

Iīm interested in buying it but I want to know exactly what model of Caddilac Iīm looking at.

Thank you very much

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3120/cadillacs.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/cadillacs.jpg/)

talismandave
12-03-12, 08:26 AM
Whatever it is it is certainly rare and special! First thing would be to get the VIN number that will give what it was/is(?).
Other than that the only thing I can tell you about it is I want it!:lol:
Very cool. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
:welcome5:

Cacem
12-03-12, 08:36 AM
Hello

Thanks!

Any idea of the value?

The Wagon seems totally original but needs a in-depth restauration...

I just want to make sure I get it for the right amount.

talismandave
12-03-12, 08:45 AM
No, but they can be stupidly expensive to restore an older car like that.
I am sure some of the smarter members will log on soon to provide more insight. If it is of value it may be worth it. If it isn't of value, it still may be worth buying and getting it to a running "driver grade" car and just make the best of it with low dollar fix ups.
Even rough it would be a fun car that would draw a crowd even in less than perfect condition.

SWEENDOG1969
12-03-12, 09:29 AM
i dont know much but those are rare,if reading around on other forums through the years is correct these where cars bought from the factory and someone had them made into a wagon.

70eldo
01-15-13, 09:56 AM
I heard of special conversions for a hotel that used it as an exclusive hotel shuttle. Hence the 53 model converted in 55 might be possible. And the hotel had several years conversions as well. I hope that info might lead you to the right facts and details?

BTW, where in Europe are you?

70eldo
01-15-13, 05:27 PM
Yeah, might be a Broadmoor Sky View. Those are rare! Disigned by Harley Earl himself and built by Hess&Eisenhardt exclusively for the Broadmoor hotel in Colorado Springs. Built on Series 62 Platform with modified doors from Fleetwood and hearse, rear glass from a hearse, tail gate from Nomad and Eldorado Wheel openings. Only 7 were made in 55 and 56. Each was a little different with a different color and different trim.
But again, there are several years of Sky Views. There are also '59s Sky Views.

They were even registered as a bus! Hence the PUC# on the front fenders.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/z21749/Cadillac-Broadmoor-Skyview.aspx

The fact that they are so rare you are looking a serious project as parts will be hard to find or you'll need to reproduce them yourself.

70eldo
01-15-13, 05:31 PM

70eldo
01-16-13, 07:58 AM
I guess Cacem is not returning to check the posts. At least this special edition is worth enough to dig in the details as it is some special story on these Sky Views.

CADforce69
01-16-13, 10:49 AM
I guess Cacem is not returning to check the posts. At least this special edition is worth enough to dig in the details as it is some special story on these Sky Views.

He missed it! Thank you for the info, 70eldo. Wonderful pics of that '55 Sky View and stunning album of that '59 you posted above! :thumbsup:

talismandave
01-16-13, 11:33 AM
I guess it is up to you two guys to just drive around looking until you find it.:lol:

I'll let you work out the details of your search on a map!:smilewide: I'll wait here....

CADforce69
01-16-13, 02:03 PM
I guess it is up to you two guys to just drive around looking until you find it.:lol:

I'll let you work out the details of your search on a map!:smilewide: I'll wait here....

Well, the shot seems to be taken in southern Europe; it could be Portugal, Spain, southern France, Italy, Greece, Malta... The pine grove landscape is typical of that area. My bet is France :D

70eldo
01-17-13, 12:01 PM
Well, the shot seems to be taken in southern Europe; it could be Portugal, Spain, southern France, Italy, Greece, Malta... The pine grove landscape is typical of that area. My bet is France :D

That'll be cool to actually locate the car!

CADforce69
01-18-13, 10:40 AM
It would be a great coincidence. :D

D Yaros
01-19-13, 12:15 PM
It most definitely is not a 1955.

It most definitely is a Hess & Eisenhardt conversion.

It bears all the tell-tale markings of a 1953.