: SRX and CUE

eonac
12-02-12, 08:28 PM
I traded my 2011 CTS in on a new 2013 SRX. I've had it now for a month and really like everything about it, except for CUE. Not the system it's
self, but how to keep it clean. You constantly have to clean the finger prints off the screen and the black plastic around the system is like a magnet
for dust. Even if you wore white gloves to keep the finger prints off the screen LOL you still have the static that attracts the lint and dust to the
black plastic. Does anyone else have these problems or any suggestions for a remedy. I'm sure all Cadillac's with CUE have the same problems.

NJRonbo
12-02-12, 08:35 PM
Congrats on the new SRX. As someone that moved up from the CTS to the SRX, I am pretty confident you are going to like the change and never want to go back.

The fingerprint issue on CUE is a big one. We all have the same problem.

The only remedy you have is to purchase a microfiber cleaning cloth and keep it folded in your storage bin.

Amazon sells these pretty cheap. This particular package (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VMM718/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00) is the one I recently purchases. It has a large cloth for CUE and a smaller one for your smartphone (if you have one)

Ponyman
12-02-12, 09:17 PM
Ours came with a microfiber cleaning towel with the Cadillac crest on it. Don't know if this was a GM thing or something our dealer included. As for the dust, we have long kept a swifer duster in the backseat of the car. Just wipe it over the dash and instrument panel evey couple of days. If you get comfortable with the speech commands, you will find yourself using the touch screen less and less. I am really impressed with the speech command system. On our 10 I could never get it to understand anything I said, the 13 system works much better, and I haven't had to repet myself yet.

Marc NY
12-03-12, 08:16 AM
I keep an extra micro-fiber soft cloth, that I use for my reflective coating on my eye-glasses, in my top console ... works perfect for those times that you may want to perform a quick touch-up. :thumbsup:

inspectorudy
12-04-12, 03:44 PM
Radio Shack used to sell an anti static spray that we used in airliner cockpits for the displays because they created a high level of static electricity which led to dust clinging to the screens. It came in a small spray bottle and acted as a cleaner as well as an anti static. Ponyman is right about learning the voice commands as rapidly as possible and that will take away a lot of the finger problem. The piano black facia probably should have been dull black leather with a carbon fiber face plate but that is hard for bling merchants to live with. Maybe after market will solve the problem.

Mike Grasso
12-04-12, 04:09 PM
I wonder if a static clear cover would work, like the ones on our smartphones. There is a place near me that makes them for Apple, I'll take the car by....