: CTS-V and iPhone 5 Adapter/Bluetooth Audio

taimuradin
12-02-12, 05:43 PM
Hi,

I just upgraded to the iPhone 5 and find myself not being able to connect to the car's audio system due to the tiny lightning connector that doesn't fit into the Cadillac adapter. Any idea if Cadillac has come up with a newer iPhone 5 connector or adapter? Also any Bluetooth solution out there? Really appreciate the help.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-03-12, 11:51 AM
Taimuradin, I'm sorry to hear that! Have you had the chance to consult with your dealer yet about next steps with a connector? I recommend checking in with them initially, but if you're still having concerns after discussing the matter with them, then please let me know! My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Cadillac Tony
12-03-12, 03:50 PM
What year is your CTS-V? If it's a 2009 or newer then the Apple Lightning cable which came with your phone will connect directly to the USB port in the center armest. If you want to leave a cable in the car, places like Target and Wal-Mart sell aftermarket iPhone cables for a reasonable price, and they're sturdier than the spaghetti thin cable Apple gave you.

As far as Bluetooth, if your V is 2009+ then it's already there- just hold the handsfree button on the steering wheel and say "handsfree" (if you have Nav), "bluetooth", then "pair", then follow the instructions.

If your V is a first generation (2004-2007), none of this apples. iPod connectivity and BT were never offered, so if you have iPod connection cable in the car now, it was installed aftermarket. You'll also need to look aftermarket if you want to add Bluetooth.

Hope that helps.

hawkeye372
12-06-12, 02:42 PM
Apple also I think makes the adapter. Because the iPhone 5,s are not capadible with the ihomes. Just check with apple or the closest apple store.

taimuradin
12-06-12, 05:14 PM
Thanks everyone. Katie I will call the dealership and see if GM has offered any iPhone5 connectors for the CTS-V.

Kingoftypos
12-07-12, 05:06 PM
If the V used the standard 30pjn to a standard USB. Then the newer lightning to USB shall work.

If not, then as suggested, the adaptor that Apple has. 30pin to lightning.

KOT