: front license plate bracket removal-bumper repair

Zharkov
12-01-12, 05:15 PM
I just picked up a new XTS. it came with a front license plate bracket screwed into the front bumper. My state does not require a front license plate. The dealer said they could remove it but it would leave holes in the bumper which they would repair and paint. They said it would look brand-new and undetectable. they offered to do this at no charge.

my concern is whether it will indeed look brand-new and undetectable when they fill in the holes and paint them? or am I just better off leaving the front license plate bracket installed. I think it detracts from the clean lines of the front.

thanks for your input

5.0 lsc
12-02-12, 09:07 PM
The body shop at my dealership is top notch and every repair they do is perfect. It would remove that bracket in a heartbeat.

----------

And do it before they change their mind!

The Tony Show
12-02-12, 11:08 PM
Just ask them to switch the bumper with an in stock unit of the same color that doesn't have a bracket installed. Less cost for them, perfect result for you.

Win win.

rayle
12-03-12, 09:59 AM
I think anything is better than having that bracket there, if you don't have to.

thebigjimsho
12-03-12, 12:33 PM
Brackets. bleh.

wrtxts
12-03-12, 12:48 PM
Did the dealer put the bracket on in the first place? Both of my xts' were delivered from the factory with the bracket in the trunk and not mounted.

Zharkov
12-05-12, 05:47 PM
the local dealer obtain my car from a neighboring state that requires front license plates. the dealer he obtained it from must have installed the bracket as every car in that state would require it.

rayle
12-05-12, 07:42 PM
My car came from a neighboring state that requires front plates also, but thankfully that original dealer didn't mount the bracket. Maybe that original dealer in Zharkov's situation doesn't do much trading with his state???? (Although it seems like common sense in the auto industry to wait and see if a vehicle is traded before unilaterally drilling holes in new cars to mount plate brackets.)