: Great make ready dept....yeah right.

jason1214
12-01-12, 12:29 PM
Just bought my 3rd EXT from the same dealership. A diamond white model delivered to me at the dealership, with a full 24 hours to prepare for delivery
for about $ 80,000.00. You think at that price I wouldn't have to deal with the following:

Neither of the 2 clocks set correctly.

Gas cap loose causing a code to set.

No window washer fluid, had to stop and buy 2 gallons and add about the same.

No owners manual found anywhere on the vehicle. Had to call and find out how
to set garage door function to avoid going back and forth thru the house to open the garage door everytime. Waiting for manual to arrive, probably from Mich., 4th class mail.

Radio antenna found in the backseat, after taken off when washed at dealership.

I know I know, the above is petty, but I just spent
over double and a half what my 1st house cost in 1979....and I don't think it would be very practical to live in a vehicle...as well as I'm sure the EXT won't last as long as the house did.....and to sum it up....
I have an old dumpy dodge truck that has a light in the glove box....with the EXT you have to use a flashlight to find anything in there.....and not to mention no LED lights are used.
....and so it goes.....and now some out of state outfit wants me to rate my new car buying experience........ i think I just did.

baggedlvintegra
12-01-12, 02:02 PM
I would agree, I am just as picky as a customer, if not worse, than you. Customer service is a major pet pieve of mine. I honestly would have contemplated taking the vehicle back and looking elsewhere, which sounds extreme but to your point, they just took $80k of my hard earned money they should have bent over backwards to please me

sdgc
12-01-12, 02:25 PM
I agree as well. If they want the distinction of Standard of the World.. or Best Luxury, have that done. I love my Caddy, but I bought a small kia for a city hauler and I have had better service from them then my Caddy dealer. Pretty sad. But i guess its all in which dealer gives a hoot.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-01-12, 03:30 PM
Jason1214, I'm so sorry to hear you've been frustrated with your dealership experience so shortly after purchasing your new EXT. If you continue to have questions, or would like me to officially document your dealer feedback, please don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

In the meantime, I recommend accessingr https://my.cadillac.com -- My Cadillac gives you access to your owners manual online (which may help while your copy is in the mail), keep track of your service history, review your warranty information, watch instructional videos, and more.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Royalton
12-02-12, 12:11 AM
Lack of standardization. If I have learned one thing about dealerships it's that they vary greatly. Some will bend over backwards while others are huge worthless slackers that are nothing but a black eye for GM. GM should step up with some added quality controls to make your dealership experience the same no matter what dealer you go to. It's also not just GM, all manufactures should have this in play by now. Add some mystery shoppers or something.

It's no lie that our vehicle is at the very top end of the price range and we should be entitled to a little extra. Our warranties are shrinking we get a 4 year/7year while even freekin kia has a 5 year/10 year on a sportage at 1/4 the price. The pathfinder has 360 degree cameras, while my friend just purchased a Jeep Grand Cherokee that comes stock with brembo brakes, that are duct cooled, it's carbon fibered out, with a stock 470HP engine. I couldn't believe it when my escalade was whooped on by a completely stock Jeep. Our generation model is now dated. there is no denying that. I'd like to think that the new redesigned 2014 changes the game once again for us and GM steps up a little on certain issues that they are well aware of.

hannity
12-02-12, 01:24 AM
Lack of standardization. If I have learned one thing about dealerships it's that they vary greatly. Some will bend over backwards while others are huge worthless slackers that are nothing but a black eye for GM. GM should step up with some added quality controls to make your dealership experience the same no matter what dealer you go to. It's also not just GM, all manufactures should have this in play by now. Add some mystery shoppers or something.

It's no lie that our vehicle is at the very top end of the price range and we should be entitled to a little extra. Our warranties are shrinking we get a 4 year/7year while even freekin kia has a 5 year/10 year on a sportage at 1/4 the price. The pathfinder has 360 degree cameras, while my friend just purchased a Jeep Grand Cherokee that comes stock with brembo brakes, that are duct cooled, it's carbon fibered out, with a stock 470HP engine. I couldn't believe it when my escalade was whooped on by a completely stock Jeep. Our generation model is now dated. there is no denying that. I'd like to think that the new redesigned 2014 changes the game once again for us and GM steps up a little on certain issues that they are well aware of.

Wow, glad to see not everyone turns a blind eye.

MrHolland
12-02-12, 01:46 AM
I agree that dealership standardization would be great and probably increase the level of customer satisfaction at many dealers. That said, one should research the brand and the specifics of what they are purchasing, especially something that cost as much as a Cadillac. You should also inspect your car as thoroughly as possible before taking possession of it. Customer service is the number one thing I look for before I decide to trade somewhere, but it is ultimately up to me to make sure I receive exactly what I purchased, not the seller. If their customer service is what it should be, they would have apologized, offered you a cup of coffee and immediately addressed your concerns. I do wish you good luck with your recent purchase and hope you can be as happy with your car as I am with mine.

hcvone
12-02-12, 07:18 AM
I never let the dealerships prep my cars/trucks, I remove the inside and outside plastic, even washed cars/trucks at dealerships myself if there appeared to be any paint issues, yea it's a lot more work, but it beats the lowest paid dealership employee from putting scratches and swirls in your brand new car or truck. ;)

lee88
12-02-12, 10:45 AM
I never let the dealerships prep my cars/trucks, I remove the inside and outside plastic, even washed cars/trucks at dealerships myself if there appeared to be any paint issues, yea it's a lot more work, but it beats the lowest paid dealership employee from putting scratches and swirls in your brand new car or truck. ;)

Never thought of that. I guess it's true, if you want something done right do it yourself!

No one will treat your vehicle as good as you do. I think Ops issues were minor except for the missing washer fluid. I'm sure a talk with the manager will straighten things out and possibly help out future customers. I always make sure everything is up to my standards before I leave. I've been at a dealership close to midnight because my vehicle wasn't in the condition it was supposed to be. Squeaky wheel gets the grease ;)

PeteKT
12-02-12, 01:58 PM
Glad i got lucky with my Dealership, didnt even buy the EXT from them and they honor my warranty and bend over back wards without a problem, sorry you got a bad delaership, maybe its time you find a new one instead. first caddy dealer we bought a 99 escalade from brand new the day they rolled off the line was a terrible dealer and never went back there.

sdgc
12-03-12, 06:48 AM

I agree.. i just hope they dont go overboard on an abundance of useless electronics, rather go new mechanical upgrades (brakes, engine upgrades, etc). I have to admit, there were others we looked at, and it was close, but once we took the test drive, nothing compared to the ride of the cadillac. I was fine getting rid of little gadgets for the better ride.

mycaddi408
12-03-12, 03:37 PM
Katie from GM, like always apologies but does nothing. All I received from her was a bunch of emails leading nowhere. GM customer service is a disappointment. The dealer is a piece of work too, all trying to rape you with a smile and middle finger up. I'm sure there are some great employees out there, haven't found the one to go the extra mile. I enjoy my Escalade but its the last American car I purchase.

DG2
12-03-12, 06:50 PM
This is why a competitive marketplace fixes poor service like this. This has everything tondo with the dealer, period. I would get your Escalade serviced arcs new dealer and do not give a penny of your future biz to a dealer that doesn't prep a car !!!

----------

Katie from GM, like always apologies but does nothing. All I received from her was a bunch of emails leading nowhere. GM customer service is a disappointment. The dealer is a piece of work too, all trying to rape you with a smile and middle finger up. I'm sure there are some great employees out there, haven't found the one to go the extra mile. I enjoy my Escalade but its the last American car I purchase.

Katie is doing her job as a customer service representative and she has the power to start a file for a dealership complaint. Every single item you mentioned is simplistic dealer prep. Aweful dealer. Probably had some 16 year old prepping fir min wage ! :). Not that bad if issues enjoy your slade. Caddy's are the best

mycaddi408
12-03-12, 06:55 PM
The problem is Katie did not start a file. I had Around five or six emails with her and we kept going back-and-forth and then she told me to call the 800 number I called the 800 number and the customer service rep did not even have any information on my issue no file number at all.

DG2
12-03-12, 07:00 PM
Maybe posting in a forum like this is not considered a formal compliant. You should send a email directly to Cadillac customer service . Katie is great and she has helped many of us with questions. I am impressed GM has a person like her paid to monitor a private site like this. Now that says something about Cadillac customer service !

Go write a letter and if you really want to piss of this dealer cc the BBB !!

Redpost
12-03-12, 08:21 PM

lee88
12-03-12, 09:09 PM
Katie went above and beyond to help me on a complaint that I had. She even followed up with me on it weeks later. I also called the 800 number and even once the issue was fixed they continued to call me for the next three weeks to make sure I was satisfied. I can't say anything negative about Cadillac's customer service.

DG2
12-03-12, 09:16 PM
To be blunt , anyone picking up a $75-$85,000 car that is dirty , missing parts not preped right and does not say anything to the dealer deserve the headache you got. I mean come on. You took the time to post on this fourm why not simply turn around and ask fir the owner of the dealership. Duh !!!

Sorry had to say it.

lee88
12-03-12, 09:59 PM
To be blunt , anyone picking up a $75-$85,000 car that is dirty , missing parts not preped right and does not say anything to the dealer deserve the headache you got. I mean come on. You took the time to post on this fourm why not simply turn around and ask fir the owner of the dealership. Duh !!!

Sorry had to say it.

Great point! Everyone was thinking it :)

hcvone
12-04-12, 06:39 AM

There are no dealerships that take advantage of you like the Euro car dealerships, anymore I feel underdressed going to my Italian or German dealerships and that is if you are wearing a tux, they are not like car dealerships they are like museum's. I always say some dealerships are better than others, I am lucky that my Chevy and Caddy dealerships take care of me and my cars better than any dealerships I ever had deals with, but I do buy a LOT of cars and trucks too.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-04-12, 10:12 AM
Just wanted to pop back quickly on this thread to let you all (especially Jason1214) know that I can indeed set up an official complaint if need be. Jason, please do email me if you would like me to follow up for you at any point.

Lee & DG2, I'm glad I've been able to assist you to your satisfaction!

Mycaddi408, I also wanted to let you know that I'm sorry for any miscommunication we've had and let you know that I did document our correspondence. If you would like me to ever set up an official service request (case) for you that associates your particular contact information with your complaint, and would allow my phone counterparts to access our interactions as well, please send me an email anytime and I'd be happy to get started.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Rag64top
12-04-12, 08:04 PM
I appreciate having Katie here as a representative of the company.
She always seems to be very helpful to everyone. It's nice to know that someone from the MOCO
is actually watching and listening to our concerns and complaints, even if our vehicles are out of warranty.
Thanks Katie, for what you do!
Peace

ryanwood86
12-08-12, 12:56 AM
You should take the complaint up with the dealership, not boo hoo on a public forum. Send them an email or call the HR Department and set up a meeting to discuss this. GM is a big company, it's not always easy for them to handle a single dealership. Start at the source of the problem then work up