: Program new remote

drmenard
12-01-12, 12:12 AM
I have been around the cadillac board for years ,but never on the Escalade forum before. A friend of mine just got a 03 escalade.. It did not have a remote doorlock with it.. He got a new one from the dealer and had no luck trying to program it... We closed all the doors turned the key on and off while holding the door lock button just like it says to do.. But when it should lock and unlock to start the reprograming it does nothing... Any help or pointing in the right direction would be great... Thanks, Dave Menard

the cadillac man
12-01-12, 01:13 AM
I have been around the cadillac board for years ,but never on the Escalade forum before. A friend of mine just got a 03 escalade.. It did not have a remote doorlock with it.. He got a new one from the dealer and had no luck trying to program it... We closed all the doors turned the key on and off while holding the door lock button just like it says to do.. But when it should lock and unlock to start the reprograming it does nothing... Any help or pointing in the right direction would be great... Thanks, Dave Menard

Here you go (I suggest printing this)

Step 1 close all doors.

Step 2 insert key into the ignition.

Step 3 hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver's door panel-continue to hold until instructed to release in step 9.

Step 4 preform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.

Step 5 turn the ignition switch to the on position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).

Step 6 turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

Step 7 turn the ignition switch to the ON position.

Step 8 turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

Step 9 release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically.

Step 10 hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks.
This step may take up to 30 seconds.

Step 11 repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters).

Step turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.

If these steps don't work then the dealer can do this with the tech-2

drmenard
12-01-12, 12:03 PM
Yes.. after I release the button in step 9 nothing happens... I know in my 95 fwb there is a module under the 3rd brake light that runs all that stuff.. And I have changed them before. I was thinking that they have to have the same thing hidden somewhere in this car...

the cadillac man
12-01-12, 03:26 PM
Yes.. after I release the button in step 9 nothing happens... I know in my 95 fwb there is a module under the 3rd brake light that runs all that stuff.. And I have changed them before. I was thinking that they have to have the same thing hidden somewhere in this car...

What works the keyless entry is the passenger door module and if the steps I listed didn't work then the dealer will have to program them with the tech-2(which is quicker then you may think)