: Fuse location for rear air shocks

gunns
11-29-12, 10:37 PM
Not sure which fuse is for the rear air shocks. Mine are leaking and I need to turn the power off to the compressor so I don't burn it up. Anyone know which is the right one?

the cadillac man
11-29-12, 11:17 PM
Not sure which fuse is for the rear air shocks. Mine are leaking and I need to turn the power off to the compressor so I don't burn it up. Anyone know which is the right one?

The fuse is in the under hood fuse box labeled rtd

The relay is next to the under hood fuse box remove both and it should take care of the compressor may trigger a service ride control message though not sure.

gunns
11-30-12, 12:06 AM
Thanks Cadillac man!!

the cadillac man
11-30-12, 12:21 AM
Thanks Cadillac man!!

Glad to help

'49 Ford Coupe
11-30-12, 11:27 AM
Hey, Gunns.. before you start taking everything apart, read through this thread... you will get a Master's Degree in Caddy Ride Control.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/142916-answer-1million-question-where-air-ride.html

gunns
11-30-12, 01:20 PM
Hey, Gunns.. before you start taking everything apart, read through this thread... you will get a Master's Degree in Caddy Ride Control.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/142916-answer-1million-question-where-air-ride.html

Heavens-ta-mega-troy!!!!!!! 24 pages. I need to print it out and put it in my "Reading Room" (?). Looks like I'll be busy for a while!

Thanks '49 Ford Coupe, I think! LOL

the cadillac man
11-30-12, 05:24 PM

Heavens-ta-mega-troy!!!!!!! 24 pages. I need to print it out and put it in my "Reading Room" (?). Looks like I'll be busy for a while!

Thanks '49 Ford Coupe, I think! LOL

Yes it is a long thread but it a informative thread

'49 Ford Coupe
12-01-12, 12:38 PM
hahahaha... yes, those of us who have "been through it" are experts now. If you choose, go to my profile and click "postings" or something like that. I made some posts there during and after little project. More than likely the wire inside the bleed down solenoid is burned, corroded, or broke off due to poor design/workmanship.... 95% probability... the BEST correction is just google Arnott florida and buy their rebuild kit... with new compressor.. works like a CHAMP !

gunns02
04-05-14, 07:34 PM
The fuse is in the under hood fuse box labeled rtd

The relay is next to the under hood fuse box remove both and it should take care of the compressor may trigger a service ride control message though not sure.

Well I'm finally getting a chance to check out the system. You said the relay is next to the under/hood fuse box. I don't see anything in that area that looks like a relay. The system does not activate and the fuse is not blown so I assume the problem is down stream - possibly the pump or... that relay you were talking about that I can't locate. Your assistance is appreciated.

flyingdutchman
04-05-14, 07:41 PM
Not bad only a year and a half later I say more damage was done

gunns02
04-05-14, 08:04 PM
Well I'm finally getting a chance to check out the system. You said the relay is next to the under/hood fuse box. I don't see anything in that area that looks like a relay. The system does not activate and the fuse is not blown so I assume the problem is down stream - possibly the pump or... that relay you were talking about that I can't locate. Your assistance is appreciated.

Forgot to ask - Is there a bench test for the compressor? In otherwords if I remove the compressor from the car how do I do a run test on it while it's on my workbench? I'd give it a go on my own but there are a bunch of wires running to it. It's not like it only has a ground and a hot wire running to it - Nah that'd be too easy right?!

the cadillac man
04-05-14, 08:17 PM
Forgot to ask - Is there a bench test for the compressor? In otherwords if I remove the compressor from the car how do I do a run test on it while it's on my workbench? I'd give it a go on my own but there are a bunch of wires running to it. It's not like it only has a ground and a hot wire running to it - Nah that'd be too easy right?!

The relay should be on the outside of the under hood fuse box(mine is white and is on the side towards the engine)