: Need help again

russell8867
11-29-12, 07:36 PM
Hello everyone I hate to sound like a broken record . Anyway my check engine lite came on once again .I took it and had the codes ran and thay are still the same .But I noticed that this only happens when the gas is at 1/4 of a tank .I don't normaly let it get that low but it's not drove everyday so thought I would wait. Anyway I was reading online and was wondering if anyone would know if this sounds like a fuel pump. Or maybe a fuel filter . If anyone has had this same thing happen or knows it would be greatly helpful.

Thanks verry much. A
nd a wonderful safe and happy holidays to everyone

Ludacrisvp
11-29-12, 07:47 PM
Replace the gas cap?

Aurora5000
12-02-12, 02:26 PM
I suggest you do the battery unplug for 30 min., touch + and - terminals together , put back together, it resets all of the parameters. Car has to relearn new ones by your driving habits. It might work. Good luck.

ddalder
12-02-12, 02:39 PM
What codes did they come up with? It is helpful to either post the information again, or a link to the other thread when you're referencing something elsewhere.

If there is an underlying problem, which will most likely be the case, disconnecting the battery is at best a short term solution. Not all codes and/or parameters are erased by this because of the type of memory used in many of the newer modules (EEPROM's).