: Instrument Cluster started Flickering

Reynis66
11-29-12, 04:55 PM
I have a 2003 Escalade, for 2 days now, I have noticed that the Instrument Cluster started Flickering, it also dims itself when i press on the brake (this happens during bumper to bumper traffic). I checked on the battery connection, thought it me be loose, it was tight. What could be causing this?...Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.
Thank you & Happy Holidays

the cadillac man
11-29-12, 05:35 PM
I have a 2003 Escalade, for 2 days now, I have noticed that the Instrument Cluster started Flickering, it also dims itself when i press on the brake (this happens during bumper to bumper traffic). I checked on the battery connection, thought it me be loose, it was tight. What could be causing this?...Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.
Thank you & Happy Holidays

Sounds like the circuit board is getting loose given how it sounds
There is a guy on eBay that repairs these clusters for a good price.
Happy holidays

6lbsofSound
11-29-12, 05:49 PM
Check the voltage it could be the alternator on its way out. From the sound of it voltage drops like that when the truck is idling is charging system related.

the cadillac man
11-29-12, 06:56 PM
Check the voltage it could be the alternator on its way out. From the sound of it voltage drops like that when the truck is idling is charging system related.

Also the connections on the battery and cables may need cleaning.