: Fading tonneau covers

FlipEXT
11-29-12, 08:42 AM
I am not fond of my tonneau covers faded look. Before I jump off a cliff and buy a new one I was wondering if there was something that someone has used to refresh or revive their cover? Any suggestions from my Cadillac family?

6lbsofSound
11-29-12, 10:18 AM
There is ton of stuff out there to restore faded plastic. I would stay away from the as seen on TV stuff. I have used Adams polishes SVRT on faded trim and it seems to hold up very well. It may take a few applications for it To come back to like new. But once it's at that point it holds the color well with minor touch ups. Plus it has SPF 45 rating so the sun beating on it won't harm it, plus excess on the body panels can be wiped off easily.

spridget
11-30-12, 02:39 AM
I use wesley's black magic, thick silicone, lasts 4 months +. Pledge works but only lasts 3 or 4 weeks. Meguaires back to black ok, but wesleys great.

Study Hard
11-30-12, 07:06 PM
I used duplicator trim paint, worked great and still looks great now! See this thread for some pictures: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/255618-painting-tonneau-trim-pieces.html

FlipEXT
12-05-12, 10:21 PM
Thank you for the advice.

jnrsesv
12-06-12, 07:40 AM
I use and recommend Meguaires Black To Black. Although as stated above you need to reapply every few months, but it works really well.

I use it on the running boards and rear bumper covers plus the trim on my wifes vehicle. Living in the South, the UV's take their toll.

the cadillac man
12-06-12, 12:00 PM
I use and recommend Meguaires Black To Black. Although as stated above you need to reapply every few months, but it works really well.

I use it on the running boards and rear bumper covers plus the trim on my wifes vehicle. Living in the South, the UV's take their toll.

That's the truth