: Escalade Platinum - Rough Idle solved with Diablo Predator Programmer

motorwerks
11-29-12, 04:39 AM
Hi folks, just an update on the rough idle thread...

My 2008 Platinum Escalade has been in and out of the Cadillac dealer multiple times for my rough idle complaint. They even replaced the entire short block consisting of piston rings, bearings, head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, intake gaskets, air cleaner box, plugs, plug wires, afm plate, etc., etc.

The truck ALWAYS takes off from throttle tip in flawlessly with zero misfires, no hesitation or anything like that. It's just that at a traffic light, with the engine at operating temperature, I would always feel the slight roughness in idle...it bothered me. For an $85,000 automobile, it should have the smoothness of say a Mercedes GL63 or a Lexus LX470, etc. I'm otherwise happy with the truck.

Anyhow, I just got the Diablosport Predator programmer. Plugged it in, selected the preset performance tune, flashed the ECM, then went into "Modify Performance Tune Parameters", went to "Idle Speed Calibration", and raised the idle speed in park/neutral by 50 rpm, and the Drive/Reverse by 100 rpm. PROBLEM SOLVED! The truck idles nearly perfect to my picky satisfaction. Also, the throttle tip in is MUCH improved. I love it!

hcvone
11-29-12, 09:39 AM
We worked with them on the 2007, 2010 and 2012 Escalade tunes, it was a copy of the tune in my trucks in each of those years that is used today, the Preditor works pretty good for sure for a hand held tuner

36dbldz
11-29-12, 10:41 AM
We worked with them on the 2007, 2010 and 2012 Escalade tunes, it was a copy of the tune in my trucks in each of those years that is used today, the Preditor works pretty good for sure for a hand held tuner

I was looking at the InTune and wanted to know for a 1st time tuner program user how do i know what to adjust. Ive watched a few vids and there all kind of things to adjust. Is there a basic tune? Some say that a custom tune is way better but isnt a pre set general tune better than stock?

hcvone
11-29-12, 12:42 PM
I was looking at the InTune and wanted to know for a 1st time tuner program user how do i know what to adjust. Ive watched a few vids and there all kind of things to adjust. Is there a basic tune? Some say that a custom tune is way better but isnt a pre set general tune better than stock?

I have been playing with an intune on the trans shifts, not sure if that has been released yet. If you get an intune you would use the performance tune, and you do not have to adjust anything, the levels are preset, after you see how that works you have the choice to make little changes in many different areas if you want to go further. A custom tune is more for mods you would add like a cam or supercharger, if you do things like air intake and exhaust or even long tube headers an intune would work well for you

soulsea
11-29-12, 01:32 PM
Jebus ... the dealer replaced all that when all that was required was a slight bump up in the idle rpm?

That's incredible considering that the rough idle issue is common knowledge on these 6.2s and so is the dead easy remedy.

36dbldz
11-30-12, 06:11 AM
I have been playing with an intune on the trans shifts, not sure if that has been released yet. If you get an intune you would use the performance tune, and you do not have to adjust anything, the levels are preset, after you see how that works you have the choice to make little changes in many different areas if you want to go further. A custom tune is more for mods you would add like a cam or supercharger, if you do things like air intake and exhaust or even long tube headers an intune would work well for you

Thank you. You guys are a great help for me! Great site! I just got my 2010 6weeks ago and trying to avoid any issues I can from the get go. Good lookin out

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-30-12, 01:16 PM
PROBLEM SOLVED! The truck idles nearly perfect to my picky satisfaction. Also, the throttle tip in is MUCH improved. I love it!
Motorwerks, I am sorry this was such a frustrating process for you. I've noted your feedback, and if you would ever like me to document your comments further (or research anything further for you), don't hesitate to send me an email. I'm reachable at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Thank you. You guys are a great help for me! Great site! I just got my 2010 6weeks ago and trying to avoid any issues I can from the get go. Good lookin out

36dbldz, I'm glad to see you're getting helpful feedback from the forum members! While I can't pass along much in the way of do-it-yourself information, I'm happy to research any recalls or warranty questions you have. Please send me an email anytime for further assistance.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

baggedlvintegra
11-30-12, 04:20 PM
bahahahahaha classic "Customer Service" trying to investigate another manufacturing defect that they won't back up nor fix yet will note the symptoms of how the customers dealing with the issues are resolving the problems themselves...great info and congrats on getting the idle straightened out, I may have to do this soon

36dbldz
11-30-12, 05:37 PM
How do you tell if it's rough? Put it in drive and hit brake n wait to see if it shakes?