: Floor mats

hambone8
11-29-12, 12:59 AM
Any recommendations on all weather floor mats? I am considering a set of weather tech ( non digital fit). Normally, I wouldn't care, but the standard mats are pretty crappy in my opinion. Too little coverage and slits.

Ponyman
11-29-12, 05:55 AM
If you are going to get the WeatherTech, then why not the digital fit? We got ours for the front two days ago, and they fit perfectly, and give much better coverage than the OEM mats.

NJRonbo
11-29-12, 05:58 AM
The standard all-weather mats are pretty crappy. I negotiated them into my lease deal but I'm not proud of them.

They don't give great coverage.

The WeatherTech Digital Fit liners are the absolute best, however, at $180 complete, I question the value of purchase. They aren't yet available for the 2013 SRX.

Marc NY
11-29-12, 07:57 AM
... The Weather-Tech Digital Fit liners are the absolute best, however, at $180 complete, I question the value of purchase. They aren't yet available for the 2013 SRX.The 2010-12 Weather Tech floor mats should fit the 2013 for there wasn't any changes made to the 13 MY that would cause them not to fit. If you have light color floor carpeting the Weather-Tech Digital will completely eliminate any soiling of your light color carpets. I have the original OEM accessory Cadillac rubber mats and they are not full coverage. However, since I have ebony/ black carpets the grease, dirt and salt will not show up nearly as much as they will on light colored carpeting.

inspectorudy
11-29-12, 10:31 AM
I got a set of non-digital weather floor mats from WT and they are terrible. They do not have a hold down, the two holes shown in their ads do not work on our cone shaped posts, they do not have the little spikes on the bottom like some of their rivals do so the mat will move abound and they did not build a bulge into their mats where our floor has a bump in it under your left foot when driving. Get the digital mats and you will be happier if you need the protection.

Likely
11-29-12, 10:45 AM
Go for the digital floor liners, you won't be sorry. I have them in my 2010, love them. I am sure the the 2010, 2011, 2012 are the same. They should fit the 2013 as well....Go for it.....

Likely

Marc NY
11-29-12, 11:44 AM
I forgot to add ... and they are made in the good ole USofA! :thumbsup:

hambone8
11-30-12, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the feedback fellas. The interior is ebony, but I'll reconsider my decision on the weathertech digitalis. I would prefer something that stays put.

Ponyman
11-30-12, 05:19 PM
The mats for the earlier models fit the 13 perfectly. The digital fit mats do not slide around and are Great.

Marc NY
11-30-12, 08:08 PM
Does anyone have a photo that would show how well the WT Digital drivers floor mat fits? The photo of the SRX digital floor mat on the Weather-Tech website doesn't show an actual SRX floor image. I would guess that the door edge part of the floor mat does not cover the lighted Cadillac script logo on the door sill correct?

TheCaptain
12-01-12, 02:36 PM
Correct, I don't have drivers side pics, but the passenger side is similar.
SRX Mods (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/194669-srx-mods-very-pic-heavy.html)

Marc NY
12-01-12, 02:42 PM
Correct, I don't have drivers side pics, but the passenger side is similar.
SRX Mods (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/194669-srx-mods-very-pic-heavy.html)Thanks Jushua, I just remembered now that you have that great heavy pic thread with all your great photos in it. :thumbsup:

hambone8
12-28-12, 05:56 PM
I finally received the WT digital floor mats. (website has been updated to allow 2013 as option regardless of them being the same as 2010-). I found they were rather squeaky while I was wearing rubber soled boots. Hopefully, that reduces with wear. Also, putting them into the driver side I had to pretty much slam my fist down to get the one of the nubs to lock into place. I'm hoping I don't break one of them off when removing. After taking out the OEM mats I really got a good feel for how crappy they really are.

Sorry how crappy those images look. Sometimes my iphone is great and sometimes it isnt.

http://i.imgur.com/2lwFz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lQM0I.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XWKuC.jpg

NJRonbo
12-28-12, 05:58 PM
My Weathertech floor liners also arrived today.

Have owned these in previous vehicles so I knew what to expect.

The only downside is that the front passenger weatherliner does not have a locking module on it, or, it didn't line up with the locking nub at all.

hambone8
12-28-12, 06:18 PM
My Weathertech floor liners also arrived today.

Have owned these in previous vehicles so I knew what to expect.

The only downside is that the front passenger weatherliner does not have a locking module on it, or, it didn't line up with the locking nub at all.

This is my first set. I wasn't real happy about dropping 179+shipping on upgraded floor mats, but it's still better than the alternative. Snow, salt, dirt, etc all over the place during winter. I do think that the factory OEM floormats I had on my 04 mazda 6 were FAR superior to the OEM in the caddy. Oh well, I guess you can't have it all...

NJRonbo
12-28-12, 06:22 PM
I wasn't going to spend nearly $200 for these floor mats either.

Then, a few days after picking up my new 2013 SRX, I had to drive friends to a party. Their street was full of mud (residue from the Sandy storm). The next day, there was mud all over my carpet -- this despite the fact that I had the deluxe floor mats which I negotiated with the dealer for. They are not much better than the OEM floormats.

So, after spending a lot of time cleaning up the mud and shampooing the carpet, I went and ordered the Weathertech floor liners.

I am picking up the same friends on Monday. At least this time, when they get mud all over the floor, I can simply take the floor liners out and spray them down. And, the extended coverage of protection they provide means no mud on the carpets.

njacobsen
12-30-12, 11:09 PM
I ordered the digital mats from WeatherTech as well for my 2013 SRX. When I placed the order, there was not an option for the 2013, so I ordered the mats for the 2012. They fit perfect.

I also had a difficult time with the fasteners for the driver mat. I took a considerable amount of force to push them into place, but when they seated I heard a distintive click.

Make certain you lock the driver mat in place...I initially did not think they would snap in properly and thought the shape of the mat would hold them in place...WRONG!!! Driving one cold winter night with the heat on, I could feel a sponginess as I cancelled the cruise and stepped for the accelerator. The mat folded in front of the accelerator and was indeed a scary situation. When I arrived at home, I immediately felt around the fasteners and played with the position of the mat bearing down when squarely above the post. It snapped in place under considerable force, but now the mat is securely and safely in place.

I hope this word of caution will prevent any sudden SRX acceleration incidents. The fault would clearly be that of the installer if the mats are not properly fastened as designed.

Likely
12-31-12, 09:58 AM
I have the weathertech digital floor liners, love them, wouldn't have anything else!!!! easy to keep clean and very durable...

2010SRXNJ
02-22-13, 07:45 AM
New 2010 SRX Owner here, Thanks for the headsup on the WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Just received my set yesterday and they look and fit great! I would highly recommend them!

George

NJRonbo
02-22-13, 08:19 AM
Love the liners, just finding them rather impossible to remove from the front drivers side.

They are so hard-fastned into the floor pins that I am afraid if I keep trying to pull on the Weather Liner to release them, I am going to rip the pins out of the floor.

wwolfe68
02-22-13, 08:26 AM
I have had Weathertec digifit liners on my 07 & 11 Tahoe LTZ's....just switched them from vehicle to vehicle. They are by far the best all weather mats out on the market. Just traded my 11' Tahoe LTZ on a left over 12' premium package AWD SRX for my wife. We pick it up tomorrow and my weathertec digi fit mats are already on order. mine does come with the all weather mats from the factory as an option but do not plan on using them. If anyone has an interest in the them let me know! Looking to learning more about our new SRX from this forum.

davedogcaddy
03-03-13, 05:40 PM
2010 SRX owner with the 'shale' colored carpet. Anyone with this color have any pics? Bought mine at CarMax and they had a set of their famous $4 carpet mats in since the factory ones were MIA. I promptly replaced those with some generic all-weather mats from WalMart while I consider what to install. I've always gone with the factory Cadillac all weather mats in the past, but considering they only come in black (!?!?) and the coverage doesn't look to great, I'm re-considering. Also, for those with the tan colored Weathertec digitals....how are they with showing dirt. Noticed the drivers side all weather tan one I bought at Walmart looks pretty cruddy pretty fast....but then again my last SRX had the ebony interior so I guess I'm just not used to this light color. What is everyone going with for the cargo area?

Likely
03-04-13, 09:21 AM
Go with the weathertech digital floor liners, i have them in my srx, really like them, easy to clean, look good. Around $100.00 bucks, but worth it, if you want to keep your carpet looking nice.....Cargo area, i have a rubber mat that covers all the area. Bought from anything auto.....

suzesq
09-03-13, 08:12 AM
Does the Weather Tech Digital floor liner cover the flat raised area on the drivers side near the seat that is not covered by the OEM mats? Sorry I could not tell from the posted pictures.

quantex
09-03-13, 09:39 AM
@!%# all that crap. 200 bucks plus for floor mats? Sams Club mats rule. 15-18 bucks and you are done.

Huey Driver
09-03-13, 12:25 PM
yes, they create a sort of 'pan' about an inch deep all around the floor well... The rear edge of the mat covers all the way up to the seat mount area, so in a usual driving position, the seat is covering the rear edge of the mat.

suzesq
09-03-13, 01:08 PM
Thanks Huey Driver. Do you happen to have a picture?

Huey Driver
09-17-13, 02:24 PM
Sorry this took so long. Pics for anyone interested in how the Weathertech mats (for 2010-2011 MYs) look in a 2012.

suzesq
09-18-13, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the pictures. Exactly what I was looking for. Once attached are they difficult to remove?

njacobsen
09-18-13, 08:21 PM
The latest version of Weathertech mats for the 2013 are no longer difficult to fasten or remove. They changed the fastening system and now use velcro to hold them in place. They include fasteners that clamp onto the posts attached to the carpet and the mats have the loop side of the velcro in the raised area that lines up with the posts. They are very easy to install and remove.

suzesq
09-18-13, 08:57 PM
That you very much.