: Thanks fellow Cadillac owner!

S1LV3R
11-28-12, 11:36 PM
I'm not sure where this should go so I'm putting this here.
Last night my wife, kids and myself were out in the CTS-V. We had just came from dinner when my oldest boy started feeling sick. We were on 121 in Hurst and there was traffic from an accident and had no way to get off the highway quickly. Well, my son threw up all over the back of the car making a tremendous mess. We finally got pulled off at Precinct Line and 121(Quik Trip). In the middle of full panic mode trying to clean up I noticed a silver CTS coupe. I made eye contact for a moment with the gentleman in the car but was lost in the confusion. Before I knew it he had walked to the rear of his car and got a micro fiber towel out and brought it to me and says,"Here keep it. It's what Cadillac owners do for each other"
I know the chances of this person being on here is slim to none, but I thought this story was worth sharing. If you are on here and see this, thanks! It's not often in today's world people reach out to strangers and help.

Larry

greencadillacmatt
11-28-12, 11:47 PM
Wow, what a kind gesture! Cadillac owners seem to be a good type. I can't tell you how many times I've been at the gas station and a complete stranger starts talking to me about the Cadillac they used to own because they see mine there. Always a good bunch! :D

I will say that I hope your back seat cleans up well for you. Good luck!

talismandave
11-29-12, 12:07 AM
Thanks for sharing the up lifting story about up chucking!
Hope the little guy is feeling better.
I wouldn't be surprised if your fellow owner were on this forum. There are many fine members here and the kindness and generosity you describe sounds like something they would do.
Thanks again Larry, and feel free to stick around and get to know the gang!
Keep loving that Cadillac lifestyle! :welcome5:

orconn
11-29-12, 12:58 AM
A great story! A super way to to introduce yourself to this motley crew, you will fit right in! So, welcome aboard, I am sure all of us will enjoy hearing your tories in the future!

Submariner409
11-29-12, 09:12 AM
Good story -

A Beemer driver, seeing another in the same situation, would stick his/her nose in the air and say "Horrors !!! You should lock up the brat for soiling your car !"

talismandave
11-29-12, 09:28 AM
...to the brig with him.....

truckinman
11-29-12, 09:53 AM
I love it! We've got the same type of brotherhood with the jeeps too. I've heard of jeeps stopping to help other random jeeps on the side of the road. 2 good groups of people!

CadillacLuke24
11-29-12, 01:45 PM
That's awesome!! Warms my heart :D

orconn
11-29-12, 01:58 PM
When my son was growing up we had three big "No No's," they were "Don't step on Superman's cape. Don't spit into the wind. And what ever you do don't barf in Dad's Alfa Romeo!"

Thanks BigM for catching my mistake!

cadillac kevin
11-29-12, 02:17 PM
when my son was growing up we had three big "no no's," they were "don't step on superman's cap. Don't spit into the wind. And what ever you do don't barf in dad's alfa romeo!"

lmao!!!

bigm57ict
11-29-12, 02:39 PM
I thought it was his cape we were supposed to avoid...

CTS4 V
12-05-12, 06:12 PM
Nice story, sounds like car sickness. I get a type of motion sickness on long trips when i'm not driving, very painful not up chucking though.

thebigjimsho
12-09-12, 01:43 AM
Good story -

A Beemer driver, seeing another in the same situation, would stick his/her nose in the air and say "Horrors !!! You should lock up the brat for soiling your car !"

Cadillac will be there soon. Bimmer owners used to have a great camaraderie. I grew up riding in a '72 2002 and my parents would flash any other BMW on the road and would always get a response. Long time BMW owners are the best there is. These new doinks are goobers.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-09-12, 09:43 PM
the v has a special device to prevent this . if upchuck is imminent the long pedal on the right produces so much g force that the upchuck stays where it should. but it does nothing for the bladder. its a catch 22.

you have a great car , vomit happens , every v owner knows it all to well ....its what happens when you buy a carnival ride for a car .....

i stop for caddys too , but you would have noticed a laxative grade deville , i cant get confused for a cts , but i can be confused (and according to my junkmail am) for a old man on his way to pick up high performance depends with a nice AARP discount

S1LV3R
12-10-12, 02:50 PM
Yes, it was definitely car sickness. I'm the same. If I'm not driving or at the very least riding in the front with a clear line of sight and AC blowing on me I'm gonna get sick. Good news is he's fine and the car cleaned up well. No smell left at all. I thought for sure the car was ruined.
Sad thing is in the middle of all of it all he could was apologize to us. I felt so bad for him.

The-Dullahan
12-10-12, 03:01 PM
There are good people out there.

Still, no one has ever helped clean bodily fluids out of my car.

It's a comradery of sorts. Had a similar instance once driving the first CTS-V during my brief ownership of it prior to getting the newer one I was making a U-Turn and it took me through the front entrance area of of a retirement neighbourhood. BEside me were two CTS that were clearly part of the same group/family as one another. Made quick friends with them and we sort of hung out until I turned off the highway someplace else.

Years ago, before ever joining the Forum actually, I was driving through the historic part of Clermont and while stopped at a red signal, noticed in my side mirror, a big Cadillac grille coming up behind me. It got into the turning lane beside me, a big, majestic Fleetwood Brougham. The driver, a young red-haired girl in a flatcap looked at my Brougham (both were black.burgundy) and asked "Eighty-Seven?". she was right and celebrated with an ecstatic cheer of "Mine too!" before we parted ways.

I fear this may have been my doppleganger and I had narrowly avoided my fate. Never saw them again.

I recall JamesC from the RWD section having a run-in with another Brougham on his Campus and becoming parking-buddies.

talismandave
12-10-12, 10:42 PM
Red head with a Fleetwood! Dibs!!!:drool:

The-Dullahan
12-12-12, 12:06 AM
If that's what you're into, I've got several of those.

If I ever see that particular one again though and live to tell the tale (unlikely, because it's a Doppelganger) I'll send her your way.

D-RoKK
12-12-12, 12:14 AM
I'm not sure where this should go so I'm putting this here.
Last night my wife, kids and myself were out in the CTS-V. We had just came from dinner when my oldest boy started feeling sick. We were on 121 in Hurst and there was traffic from an accident and had no way to get off the highway quickly. Well, my son threw up all over the back of the car making a tremendous mess. We finally got pulled off at Precinct Line and 121(Quik Trip). In the middle of full panic mode trying to clean up I noticed a silver CTS coupe. I made eye contact for a moment with the gentleman in the car but was lost in the confusion. Before I knew it he had walked to the rear of his car and got a micro fiber towel out and brought it to me and says,"Here keep it. It's what Cadillac owners do for each other"
I know the chances of this person being on here is slim to none, but I thought this story was worth sharing. If you are on here and see this, thanks! It's not often in today's world people reach out to strangers and help.

Larry

You live near me! Im by Central High School in Keller 76244! Thats awesome what he did!

talismandave
12-12-12, 12:28 AM
If that's what you're into, I've got several of those.

If I ever see that particular one again though and live to tell the tale (unlikely, because it's a Doppelganger) I'll send her your way.

I'm afraid their moms may be more in my league! Although, if they are into overweight bald guys with no money....:noidea: