: Borla exhaust in a coupe?

Jagillac
11-28-12, 05:54 PM
I am looking into putting a new exhaust on my 2011 coupe. I know magnaflow has a nice cat-back system for the 3.6 cts and iv seen videos to hear it. I saw the borla system but haven't been able to find any video or sound clip of it on the car. Does anyone have it that can share a sound clip of it or share their thoughts on it. I would greatly appreciate it. Also if anyone has any other products I should look at let me know. I would welcome any and all the help

mikesul
11-30-12, 09:54 AM
As far as I know only Magnaflow makes a catback system for the coupe. I have one and am very satisfied with the sound, both WOT and cruising. My wish list is for a set of LT headers w/hiflow cats.

Jagillac
11-30-12, 12:30 PM
They do have it for the coupe. It is more of a rear end only unit. But I was hoping to hear it. At cruising speeds does it sound much different from the stock?

bronik90
11-30-12, 09:35 PM
Anyone have ANY idea if a system exists for the AWD coupe? And what about headers? I've done the research, and it doesn't seem as though anyone has pulled the trigger and tried the camaro LT headers.

Jagillac
12-01-12, 01:03 PM
Anyone have ANY idea if a system exists for the AWD coupe? And what about headers? I've done the research, and it doesn't seem as though anyone has pulled the trigger and tried the camaro LT headers.

From what I see on borla's site their system will fit an awd as well.

bronik90
12-02-12, 10:06 AM
From what I see on borla's site their system will fit an awd as well.

Well, you are most definitely correct. That's good to know. But fyi, just from what I've heard around the forums, the Borla kit doesn't seem to provide that deep throaty sound most of us want. Can't say I've heard one in person, but others have.

Jagillac
12-02-12, 11:02 AM
Well, you are most definitely correct. That's good to know. But fyi, just from what I've heard around the forums, the Borla kit doesn't seem to provide that deep throaty sound most of us want. Can't say I've heard one in person, but others have.

Nor have I. I can't justify spending that much without knowing what it will sound like.

bronik90
12-02-12, 11:16 AM
Nor have I. I can't justify spending that much without knowing what it will sound like.

Agreed. I heard a magnaflow kit on a 2006 CTS, and it sounded absolutely amazing. Different car, I know, but I wonder if there would be any significant difference in tone between the two engines.

Also, there is a guy in my area who does great stainless exhaust work at affordable prices, and I was wondering (if at all possible) if a 3" exhaust would aid in achieving a deeper tone. i was going to have him bend a full system. Obviously the exhaust wouldn't be dyno'd first, I'm focusing more on the sound.

I'm not very educated on exhausts, so any input would be appreciated.

X E Ryder
12-15-12, 01:06 AM
I think the concern is Drone - Magnaflow took the time to engineer a system that would not drone. This is why there is a resonator up near the motor. I've seen complaints of people putting custom muffler work on coupes and later pulling it because the drone at cruise was bad.

I would trust the Magnaflow only at this point. Borla is often pretty high up the volume scale - guessing the half system drones - anyone have one that can verify?