: Whats YOUR winter project?

customGTP
12-21-04, 07:57 PM
(94 RWD GTP) Mine is coming to an end before spring, but

WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR YOUR BABY??

turbojimmy
12-21-04, 09:03 PM
Most people here know what it is because I've beaten it to death, but here it is:

http://www.turbojimmy.com/dts/dts.html

Jim

Night Wolf
12-21-04, 09:12 PM
well, my winter project WAS rebuilding the complete/low millage NorthStar that is sitting in my basement... in pieces right now... but not having the tools, money and resources need to to it right, I am going to hold off... and do it some other time....

I was going to do some work to the 425.. but it is too damn cold out to be pulling the intake manifold and all that good stuff....

so as it is now.. I don't have a winter project.... well, yeah I do... loose 20lbs by Spring :) it'll never happen though...

americanbodybuilding
12-21-04, 09:38 PM
Tomorrow I'm gonna paint my taillights and black pillars, and i'm looking into fabricating a mesh grille for my sts like the cts-v's have. Merry Christmas
-Seth

Spyder
12-21-04, 10:27 PM
Finish saving money for and build my 413 Max Wedge. :) 'Twill be awesome when she's done...going to replace the hot li'l 383 Super Commando in my 'ol dodge

Ranger
12-21-04, 10:37 PM
Replacing my blower motor as soon as it gets delivered. Brrr!

Fantom Infinity
12-21-04, 11:31 PM
so as it is now.. I don't have a winter project.... well, yeah I do... loose 20lbs by Spring :) it'll never happen though...

If you say that it will never happen. Stay optimistic!

danbuc
12-21-04, 11:39 PM
I wanted to get my high stall torque converter and positraction diff into my STS before spring but I'm not sure if it's going to happen. I might have to do it around March or April. I'm willing to wait. In the meantime, I'm going tpo get the Gtech Pro SS and mess around with it a little bit. I'll probably work on my '66 Mustang, mostly just cleaning it up a little and replacing small things (i.e. emblems, trim,...ect). :D

Stoneage_Caddy
12-21-04, 11:41 PM
:worship:
Finish saving money for and build my 413 Max Wedge. :) 'Twill be awesome when she's done...going to replace the hot li'l 383 Super Commando in my 'ol dodge

JimD
12-22-04, 12:11 AM
Tomorrow I'm gonna paint my taillights and black pillars, and i'm looking into fabricating a mesh grille for my sts like the cts-v's have. Merry Christmas
-Seth

Do you have a source for chrome or polished stainless expanded metal sheets??

Pjs
12-22-04, 06:46 AM

Tell me you've got a set of 4 BBL cross-over intakes for that....that would be sweet:)

caddydaddy
12-22-04, 10:10 AM
I have my '79 Deville in a garage that needs work. I have to figure out how to get the block hugger headers to fit onto the 472. Plus it needs some body work and some engine tuning.

Spyder
12-22-04, 04:39 PM
the missing link...I'm thinking that the old sonicrams would be nice too...the monster cast iron cross rams that sit out damn near over the fender... ...intakes like those run around 1200, and that's the last thing I have to save up for...I have the block, heads, crank, rods, exhaust and carbs...just need to find an intake and after the machine shops done with it, find out what size pistons I'll need to get...probably won't happen for a while, as I want to pay off my caddy first, but it WILL happen sometime in the future

BeelzeBob
12-22-04, 11:33 PM
winter project....????....put as many miles on my Skidoo as possible....LOL

Ranger
12-22-04, 11:44 PM
I'll second that!

ellives
12-23-04, 08:18 AM
winter project....????....put as many miles on my Skidoo as possible....LOL

Skidoo? Bah! Articat is the way!

Why am I not surprised BBob is a snowmobiler?

Ells

Aurora By Olds
12-23-04, 01:08 PM
Hopefully going to be getting the 3800 Series II SC Swap into the '90 beretta GTZ sometime this winter, and then slapping a 327 + turbo 400 into a camero if I get time.
By the way, the beretta would have had a N* hands down, if it would have fit as perfectly as the 3.8 does.

dkozloski
12-23-04, 01:13 PM
I'm not interested in snowmobiles unless it says Nodwell or Thiokol on the front.

Riceless
12-25-04, 04:37 AM
Im gonna work on my winter beater. Its a 92 VW Golf. Its been a great car, I redid the upholstery in it. Check it out on my Cardomain page, its on page 4

http://www.cardomain.com/id/trumpchange

ljklaiber
12-25-04, 12:04 PM
Return next year to some drag racing if the local track runs 'Heads Up' on wednesday nights. Dueling on the highways ain't smart for old guy like me. Will start by finding new rims and wide stickies and go from there. Making a list of mods within my budget. Just wish they go quarter mile as well. Eighth mile is a bore. Not many Caddys out there..LOL

If I can pass the strict NASCAR physical, I will race Oval track in an old Nova or Chevelle, but my Dr doesn't think I wil pass that physical. I feel ok and may just do the Dragraces.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

BeelzeBob
12-25-04, 11:18 PM
Skidoo? Bah! Articat is the way!

Why am I not surprised BBob is a snowmobiler?

Ells

ARCTICAT???? LOL Some of like to ride...not wrench on the broken wenches all the time.... LOL

Just kidding.

Snowmobilers are the most brand loyal people I have ever seen...bare none.!!

Night Wolf
12-26-04, 02:23 AM
If I was to ever get a snowmobile... it would be one just like the one at my fathers..... which is strange becuase i try NOT to be like him....

1972 (or '74.. IIRC a '72 though) Arcticat Panther 303.... it has the Wankle rotary (303cc), the sled is all alunimum, and the track is steel.... on ours the suspension is beyond shot, it is dented, the hood... well, now after the 3rd time, stays on with the hinge, and the windsheild is cracked... oh, and the seat is completly ripped.....

it dosn't handle that well comapred to newer sleds (since te skis are inline with the chassis.. not further out) but man does it haul... I love that rotary... the tach redlines at 10k RPM.... the speedo broke on ours (tach works) and we simply don't have to room to get it up to speed... I have estimated about 60mph so far... then no room.... it is a great sled... and one day if i ever live in the North (HA!) or own a cabin or something, I want one jsut like that... well, I'll refurbish it an all... but it is a great snowmobile....

I bought a recoil thingy form a similar year Cat, but it had a Kawisoki engine on it.. so we gotta get creative... as it is now you gotta wrap the cord manually each time... and it is a pain to start.... new spark plug and it runs great... new drive belt too... that made a world of a difference... went from having to lay in on the throttle just to barely get going, to barely touching the throttle and the track kicking up snow all over.......

only problem with it is stalling... it likes to stall on it's own... then take a nice long time getting it started after that... or if you hit the brake, let off the throttle, then get back on the throttle, it'll back fire and stall out....

I won't be riding it this year though :(.... but hopefully one day I'll be over all the drama... and have my own :)

Sandy
12-26-04, 10:06 AM
Whats YOUR winter project?

Getting up & feeling good in the morning, now that I'm 58 !
(Still got full head of hair, though) :thumbsup:

ellives
12-26-04, 08:03 PM
ARCTICAT???? LOL Some of like to ride...not wrench on the broken wenches all the time.... LOL

Just kidding.

Snowmobilers are the most brand loyal people I have ever seen...bare none.!!

The trick is to convert GM owners to the same level of loyalty. Some would call us Articat owners cultists.

Ells

BeelzeBob
12-26-04, 08:30 PM
The trick is to convert GM owners to the same level of loyalty. Some would call us Articat owners cultists.

Ells

But...to be a true cultist you have to learn how to spell ARCTIC CAT. Unless you are riding an arty cat....which would be a different matter.....
LOL LOL LOL

Seems I'm always the only Skidoo rider in our group. Between the Polaris and Arcticat riders I am constantly taking grief...until they want to siphon fuel when they run out...or need a tow when they break.... LOL LOL LOL

ellives
12-26-04, 09:48 PM
But...to be a true cultist you have to learn how to spell ARCTIC CAT. Unless you are riding an arty cat....which would be a different matter.....
LOL LOL LOL

Seems I'm always the only Skidoo rider in our group. Between the Polaris and Arcticat riders I am constantly taking grief...until they want to siphon fuel when they run out...or need a tow when they break.... LOL LOL LOL

Yep -- Always a spelling challenge. I've found brand loyalty is like a religion but it ends up being a good topic to rib each other about. I've had good luck with mine.

Ells

BeelzeBob
12-26-04, 10:55 PM
Arctic cat certainly does market themselves. They have more Arctic cat merchandise than Harley Davidson. My riding buddies even show up at the hot tub with arctic cat underwear and bathing suits.....LOL. I wouldn't be surprised if they have Arctic cat tattooed on their arses.

I think all the manufacturers have their quality control sorted out pretty well these days. They all have an occasional problem but all in all are pretty reliable.

Dooman
12-27-04, 12:55 PM
I ride Ski Doo and drive an STS..
First class all the way! I just wish the caddy was as bulletproof as the Mxzs..

ellives
12-27-04, 01:03 PM
I ride Ski Doo and drive an STS..
First class all the way! I just wish the caddy was as bulletproof as the Mxzs..

It *does* have a few more moving parts...

Ells

oldgamer
12-28-04, 02:55 PM
I'm going to wait a warmer days to find that intermittent problem cause famous "Service Ride Control" message. I have it years, but too lazy found out whats going on. When I'll find whats happened I post the cause with huge letters, so everybody will know. :yup:

tripowerbird
12-28-04, 07:29 PM
Body off frame restoration of my '71 Monte Carlo, 4spd, all options, which I've owned since 1981... Actually been apart 4 years and I may just get it in paint by next spring. Then again, maybe not.