: low engine oil add oil

rashwerd
11-28-12, 10:27 AM
have a 07 esv with the 6.2l and when driving today had a message pop up that said that my oil was low to add oil and low and behold it was low couldnt imagine that it would be using oil with 82k on the motor doesnt smoke and has absolutely no oil leaks anywhere of any kind wondering if it would be a good idea to just get rid of it and try to find another one problems with this thing are surpassing what its worth...

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-28-12, 01:18 PM
Hello rashwerd,

Just to get a better understanding of the situation, how long had it been since your last oil service? Your vehicle does have an Engine Oil Life System to calculate the expected life of the oil based on things like climate, but it does not keep track of the level of oil in the vehicle.

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

rashwerd
11-28-12, 01:54 PM
its currently due but has just became due always change it when it is due and always change the oil myself do not trust anyone else to do it so i choose to do so myself.. but besides this problem have had to put ball joints and wheel bearing on and soon struts without even hitting 100k pretty sad for such an expensive vehicle we had a 04 denali and never had a problem out of it for 5 years ... will be changing the oil today was at least 2 quarts low today has absolutely no leaks on it and does not smoke any either but dont think its still under warranty of any kind either

baggedlvintegra
11-28-12, 03:05 PM
I completely understand your frustration with the oil consumption and I would be highly nervous / upset about that situation, but expecting ball joints / wheel bearnigs / struts to last more than 100k on a big heavy SUV with larger (bigger than industry standard) wheels and tires, regardless of how expensive it is, is completely unrealistic. Granted I've had several vehicles that these items well exceeded 100k, I've seen many of those items fail in the first 40-50k on others and would be completely happy about them holding strong for 100k.

rashwerd
11-28-12, 10:28 PM
yeah I would be too but thats not the case so far doesnt see that the whole vehicle is going to make it to 100K but yeah id be happy too if any of the parts would make it to 100k but ive yet to see it so far...sorry but cant agree with you on the whole unrealistic thinking to expect a 60k dollar vehicle to have parts that last on it up to and past 100k

baggedlvintegra
11-28-12, 10:50 PM
I'm not saying that all the parts should fail before 100k, because more than the majority of them won't, but the specific ones you called out in your original post and was your rationale for the complaint are COMPLETELY unrealistic regardless of how much the vehicle cost. Those are wear items, not like tires and brakes, but they aren't meant to last forever. I'm not trying to be harsh but if you researched all the top luxury manufacturers Porsche, BMW, Audi I garuntee every single one of them recommends shock replacement before 100k and while most don't provide those levels of maintenance intervals I would assume the same for ball joints and wheel bearings.

luxurylife33
11-29-12, 10:29 AM
my trucks been drinking oil since I got it. I usually get the message when my oil life is at 40%. My 03 escalade did the same thing. I just add 1/2 quart and it lasts till the next oil change. My 2007 has 121K miles.

zam2000
11-29-12, 10:57 AM
All my car and truck consume oil. I have to add oil to them every 3-5K mile. I think it's normal

36dbldz
11-29-12, 12:40 PM
not to get off topic but does anyone have a service schedule with what has to be done at what interval. I looked and an kinda new to the website. Thx in advance

MrHolland
11-29-12, 09:56 PM
I believe you can find that info in your owners manual. If you don't have one or prefer, you can download a manual from on-line.

http://www.cadillac.com/owners/auto-owners-manuals.html

36dbldz
11-30-12, 06:03 AM
Thank you