: New member, new ATS owner

BriansZ
11-27-12, 02:28 PM
I recently bought an ATS for my wife and decided to join this forum. We've owned lots of GM cars over the years, but this is our first Cadillac. I'm a car nut, and I'm impressed how much fun this car is for a little 2 liter. Well, I just wanted to introduce myself. The screen name is from back when I had a '97 Z28, and I've just kept it for various forums over the years.

truckinman
11-27-12, 02:52 PM
Welcome! Now let's see a pic!

Ranger
11-27-12, 04:38 PM
:welcome:

MrHolland
11-27-12, 04:42 PM
Welcome to the forum!!

Jesda
11-27-12, 05:00 PM
Congrats on the new ATS :D

talismandave
11-27-12, 07:30 PM
:welcome5:

While you are at it pics of both the ATS and the Z!:prettyplease:

Because......:postpics:......

BriansZ
11-28-12, 03:07 PM
thanks

The Z28 I sold a long time ago, but I can probably find some pics somewhere. I also had a '99 SS and '01 WS6. I've owned lots of other cars over the years (everything from a '88 Conquest TSI as my first car to a '11 Mustang 5.0 recently), but the f-bodies were some of my favorites.

We looked at a lot of cars before choosing the ATS, and the wife didn't even want to look at it at first. We were close to buying an X3 before going to the Caddy dealer. The one thing that I liked about the X3 is that you can order one exactly how you want and it will be ready within three weeks. I wish the American car makers were that quick with a special order.

truckinman
11-28-12, 07:12 PM
Why are you still posting if no pics yet? Now you must present one of the 5.0 as well! Hehe

CadillacLuke24
11-28-12, 09:53 PM
Now now you goobers don't scare this guy off!

I like the laudry list of cars you've had! They all sound great!

77CDV
11-30-12, 12:53 AM
:welcome: The ATS looks like a fun little car. Enjoy!

truckinman
11-30-12, 03:43 AM
:welcome: The ATS looks like a fun little car. Enjoy!

I agree it really does. I spent a good amount of time on YouTube watching reviews on the ATS and I was more impressed than I expected to be. They said this car will actually be a threat to the 3 series Beemer. I'd love to have the one with the 3.6 DI. I didn't realize until the video that the 3.6 in the ATS puts out nearly 20 more hp over the XTS at 321. Very impressive for a car that size. More than the Lexus IS350 too. I like VERY much! Lol

Aron9000
11-30-12, 05:52 AM
WELCOME!!!!

The new ATS is a really sharp design and from what I've read the chassis is just plain awesome from a handling perspective.

Also glad to see somebody else who owned an LS1 fbody, I had a 1999 Z28 t-top, automatic, and a 1998 Z28 drop top with the six speed. That convertible was just an awesome cruiser to just drop the top on a hot summer night and listen the v8 burble with the loud exhaust I had on it. Cruising at night with the top down in that car was zen, yeah it was fun to raise some hell in it, but just pulling into the cruise in spot with 3 buddies in that car with the top down, man it was just the quintessential cool. Mine was white, black top, dark grey leather, with some big 17" 275/40/R17 mongo sized tires/chrome Torque Thrust wheels on it. Never had more fun just cruising in that car, yet it was a total beast if you stood on it.

MrHolland
11-30-12, 11:11 AM
Still no pics?!?!?!?!?!! Guess we'll have to add the Conquest to the list....LOL