: Reverse chime dead along with key chime and headlight chime

112motorsports
11-27-12, 01:41 PM
Like the title states I have lost my chime for everything. The backup warning when you first turn the ignition on, if you leave the headlights on etc. it worked yesterday but when I got into my truck this morning nothing. The lights work on the backup warning module but no sound. If you could please help I would appreciate it. I cleaned the interior on Sunday and don't know if I accidentally hit a button or something silly. Thank you for your time and help.

the cadillac man
11-27-12, 04:07 PM
Like the title states I have lost my chime for everything. The backup warning when you first turn the ignition on, if you leave the headlights on etc. it worked yesterday but when I got into my truck this morning nothing. The lights work on the backup warning module but no sound. If you could please help I would appreciate it. I cleaned the interior on Sunday and don't know if I accidentally hit a button or something silly. Thank you for your time and help.

Does the radio produce any music if no then most likely the amp has died or you have a blown fuse(marked radio amp in the under hood fuse box)

112motorsports
11-27-12, 05:47 PM
Nope the radio works as it should. I will check the fuses just to be sure. Then the chime is run through the speakers then I presume? Thanks again any other help would be appreciated. I can just hear my wife now telling me I am the reason the rear bumper is smashed in since I broke the back up chime.

the cadillac man
11-27-12, 08:25 PM
Nope the radio works as it should. I will check the fuses just to be sure. Then the chime is run through the speakers then I presume? Thanks again any other help would be appreciated. I can just hear my wife now telling me I am the reason the rear bumper is smashed in since I broke the back up chime.

If you are getting music then the software in the amp needs reloading (this is done at your local dealer) if reloading the software doesn't fix the problem the amp will need replacing

Yes the chimes work through the driver side front speaker and tweeter

Ps the back up sensors has a off button if wifey goes crazy on you just tell you hit the button and forgot it was in the off position(the light next to it means the system is off)

112motorsports
11-27-12, 09:38 PM
So I was mistaken on the radio working correctly. I just went into the garagee tonight to get something out of my truck and could ever so faintly haer the chime. I put my head to the drivers speaker and heard it. So I then turned the radio on and dialed all the balance to the front and the fade to the left so only the drivers side speaker was working. The tweeter on the A post was working and the driver side speaker was working but I had to put my ear to the speaker to hear it. I just had my window regulator replaced. So before I go back to the shop pointing fingers that they left something unplug or pinched a wire I just want to see if having the amp re programed will fix this. Thanks again for your help "the Cadillac man" as I greatly appreciate it. I just bought this truck and it seems like everything is breaking on me. From the windshield washer pump, the the windshield washer line, to the water pump, light going out on the AC control module, all the steering wheel button control lights going south, and now this. I am getting frustrated.

the cadillac man
11-27-12, 11:22 PM
So I was mistaken on the radio working correctly. I just went into the garagee tonight to get something out of my truck and could ever so faintly haer the chime. I put my head to the drivers speaker and heard it. So I then turned the radio on and dialed all the balance to the front and the fade to the left so only the drivers side speaker was working. The tweeter on the A post was working and the driver side speaker was working but I had to put my ear to the speaker to hear it. I just had my window regulator replaced. So before I go back to the shop pointing fingers that they left something unplug or pinched a wire I just want to see if having the amp re programed will fix this. Thanks again for your help "the Cadillac man" as I greatly appreciate it. I just bought this truck and it seems like everything is breaking on me. From the windshield washer pump, the the windshield washer line, to the water pump, light going out on the AC control module, all the steering wheel button control lights going south, and now this. I am getting frustrated.

Sounds like the speaker is going dead on you if the tweeter works as they are wired in parallel(both are wired to the same connection on the amp)
I have my Bose speakers(I prefer infinity) up for sale if you are interested let me know.

112motorsports
11-28-12, 07:35 AM
Yes let me know how much you are asking for the drivers door speaker if you would separate them. Thanks again.

the cadillac man
11-28-12, 09:09 AM
Yes let me know how much you are asking for the drivers door speaker if you would separate them. Thanks again.

25 bucks a speaker if I had to separate them(not including shipping let me know who you prefer

112motorsports
11-28-12, 03:31 PM
Good deal. I will take both front door sets. I don't need the tweeter on the A posts but the set in the doors I will take. My zip code is 28117.

the cadillac man
11-28-12, 03:40 PM
Good deal. I will take both front door sets. I don't need the tweeter on the A posts but the set in the doors I will take. My zip code is 28117.

Shoot me a email with the shipping info along with how you want me to ship them and I will tell how I accept payment and where to send it to

So you just want the door speakers not the full front set(door speakers and tweeter) correct

My email is general0282001@yahoo.com
I have a ad in the classified section of the forum with my cell phone number also.