: In need of stock shifter bushings

01Cummins
11-26-12, 05:58 PM
Looking for some stock shifter bushings that go into the end's that attach to the transmission. Willing to buy and pay for shipping. Thanks

Jays98dodge@aol.com

PISNUOFF
11-26-12, 06:06 PM
For the outer linkage bars?

01Cummins
11-26-12, 06:20 PM
Yes the ones that go to the transmission. I did the "Home Depot mod" and hate it. But I already threw away my stock bushings.

01Cummins
11-29-12, 03:45 PM
I dont want to have to buy the whole shifter to get just these bushings...

odthetruth
11-30-12, 01:30 AM
Looking for some stock shifter bushings that go into the end's that attach to the transmission. Willing to buy and pay for shipping. Thanks

Jays98dodge@aol.com

I should have some if no one else here does. I'll take pics later to confirm if they are the ones you are looking for.

01Cummins
11-30-12, 12:54 PM
Thanks, Im wanting to go back to stock as much as possible so I even need the ones on the rail where the shifter bolts to the car. I cant stand the noise from my shifter after removing these bushings.

FuzzyLogic
11-30-12, 01:02 PM
Thanks, Im wanting to go back to stock as much as possible so I even need the ones on the rail where the shifter bolts to the car. I cant stand the noise from my shifter after removing these bushings.

I suspect that you messed up this installation. Over on the LS1Tech forum, we have videos of the shifter before and after these mods and they do not exhibit any unusual vibration. Can you take pictures or video?

PISNUOFF
11-30-12, 07:57 PM

I have plenty of the ones at the shifter end. I seriously doubt the polyurethane ones (I'm assuming that's what you installed there) are transmitting any noise but you can have a set. What shifter do you have?

01Cummins
11-30-12, 10:09 PM
I have a pissnoff shifter, I had the stock bushings on the the rest of the shifter and didnt mind the side to side slop to much. Best part of it was it was silent. I installed the PCV pieces to the ends that attach to the trans from home depot and poly on the end that bolts to the car. Cruising wasnt bad at all, but when you get on the gas taking off there is a vibration in the car and it comes straight from the shifter. I own a diesel repair shop and know for a fact these sounds and vibrations are from the shifter. I bought a Cadillac for the simple fact that its quit and comfy. I have a 2000 SS Camaro with 3 1/2 exhaust with a flow master, pulleys, NOS, etc if I want a loud race car to drive. I have since taken out the Home Depot bushing and have replaced with some rubber I found around my shop, and that helped out a bunch but really would settle for more slop and less noise. I know I might be being picky, but thats kind of how I am. It really does transmit sound into the car. I really hope something else is the problem, but will need stock bushings for me to dig deeper and look for another problem. Sorry no pics or video, may be I will shoot some video on my way home.

FuzzyLogic
12-01-12, 04:14 AM
"Quiet and comfy" and inserting slop inducing rubber bushings? Wow. Why did you buy this car?

There are quite a few pieces in the linkage between your shifter and the flywheel that could be exacerbating this problem. Questions: do you still have the stock flywheel? How low do you let engine RPM go when taking off from a stop? Did you sand down the PVC bushings or simply bash them into place? Why did you immediately throw away the stock parts before going for a test drive? Do you have the stock shifter? What direction is the vibration coming from (fore-aft, port-starboard, totally random)? How tight is the shifter plate that attaches to the stalk?

PISNUOFF
12-01-12, 07:50 AM
Email me and I'll send you a set of stock bushings. br_1868 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

01Cummins
12-01-12, 08:06 PM
I installed a LS7 clutch at the time I installed the new bushings. The sound im getting is engine sound since the shifter linkage pretty much ties the motor to the car body now. Thats the reason there are soft bushings in there from the factory. I can not imagine that others do not mind that noise. I tried to video it today but the noise is not bad enough for my camera to pick it up. Like I said im a bit picky about my cars. I hate any little rattle or sound. To be honest the rear end is louder then the shifter, but I need to save up for a 8.8 conversion...

sssnake
12-04-12, 01:05 PM
One quick solution to damp some of the noise is a dynamat type dampening material on the mounting rails and shift rod. Also, check the mounting to the rails to make sure it is perfectly square. Mine wasn't initially and created more noise than I would accept. I realigned things and it quieted down dramatically. The damping material I put on the rails and shift lever has it back to stock noise levels.

01Cummins
12-05-12, 12:01 PM
One quick solution to damp some of the noise is a dynamat type dampening material on the mounting rails and shift rod. Also, check the mounting to the rails to make sure it is perfectly square. Mine wasn't initially and created more noise than I would accept. I realigned things and it quieted down dramatically. The damping material I put on the rails and shift lever has it back to stock noise levels.

Good idea, I will give that a try. Since I have removed the plastic (Home Depot) bushings and made some rubber ones, the noise is not nearly as bad as it was..

01Cummins
12-17-12, 09:07 PM
The Dynamat worked great. I should have done it when the trans was out, it would have made it a lot easier. The sound is WAY better now. Im impressed, shifts are firm and now its a lot less noise....

odthetruth
12-18-12, 06:46 AM
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb454/odthetruthv/2012-12-18060018.jpg

This is the part I have lying around. Don't mind it being dirty. I didn't clean it up for the camera.

sssnake
12-20-12, 11:46 AM
The Dynamat worked great. I should have done it when the trans was out, it would have made it a lot easier. The sound is WAY better now. Im impressed, shifts are firm and now its a lot less noise....

Glad it worked for you.

01Cummins
12-20-12, 06:15 PM
Yes!!!!! The two bushings in the end is what I need MOST. How much are you looking to get??

odthetruth
12-20-12, 09:05 PM
I can't seem to send you a PM?

Anyway, you need just the bushings or the whole assembly with the bushings?

01Cummins
12-23-12, 04:12 AM
I need just the bushings

odthetruth
12-24-12, 04:36 PM
$15 shipped?

01Cummins
12-26-12, 08:33 PM
Sweet, I can't PM you. Please send me your paypal address and I will send you money. You can email me at [removed]

Thanks

odthetruth
12-27-12, 02:12 PM
You've got mail. Removed email to save you from spam. lol
idk why I can't PM you. Check your CP and see if you have Private messages enabled?

01Cummins
01-15-13, 01:25 AM
Got the bushings today, Thank you. But I really need the ones on the other end. The ones that attach to the transmission. Is there a way I can get those???? Thanks again...

odthetruth
01-16-13, 05:47 AM
Got the bushings today, Thank you. But I really need the ones on the other end. The ones that attach to the transmission. Is there a way I can get those???? Thanks again...

I figured you needed the actual shifter bushings, which were the ones I sent. Gotcha. I still have the part. I'll pull em off and send em your way. Send me another $5 if that to cover shipping for ya.

01Cummins
01-19-13, 07:10 PM
Thanks, money sent...

odthetruth
01-21-13, 03:55 AM
Gotcha. I'll have it out to you within the week. Sorry about the whole mixup. I figured the two main shifter bushings were what you were looking for.