: tubular X-member???

runsfromdacops
11-25-12, 11:46 PM
does and one know if there is tubular Xmember that with fit a V1 ctsv? im in the middle of my 2nd turbo build and would like some more room under this thing. can we use a f-body one? maybe a gto?

Dan_Gurney
11-26-12, 10:21 PM
I highly doubt there is anything existing out there that would work without serious modification. Go buy some tube and a welder and fab till your heart is content (and make patterns and others to sell...)

Washin
11-27-12, 08:42 PM
I have been wanting to do the same ting for a while. If you make any headroom on this please let me know. Thanks

hXc95SLS
11-29-12, 06:52 PM
Hey Washin, what ever happened to your monstrous V? Last I heard you were going oilless turbo.

runsfromdacops
12-03-12, 12:14 AM
i still find it hard to believe that even with all us performance V guys that really the only thing that is available to use is a 300$ short shifter and some motor mounts.

-alex

AAIIIC
12-03-12, 09:30 AM
Yup, that's it. This entire Performance Mods forum is nothing but threads about $300 short shifters and motor mounts.

Skidmarcx
12-03-12, 10:20 AM
Lol don't forget rear end bushings

FuzzyLogic
12-03-12, 10:21 AM
Yup, that's it. This entire Performance Mods forum is nothing but threads about $300 short shifters and motor mounts.

The nice thing is that you get 5 RWHP per $300 shifter installed. I'm making about 100 RWHP more than stock, so (as you can imagine), I've got quite a few shifters in my car. You should see some of the faster CTS-Vs--their interiors are bristling with a veritable forest of shiny Cylon d***s.

runsfromdacops
12-04-12, 12:26 AM
maybe thats why my car is so slow. im trying to go way to big i just need a shifter and some diff bushings lol

sssnake
12-04-12, 09:19 AM
The nice thing is that you get 5 RWHP per $300 shifter installed. I'm making about 100 RWHP more than stock, so (as you can imagine), I've got quite a few shifters in my car. You should see some of the faster CTS-Vs--their interiors are bristling with a veritable forest of shiny Cylon d***s.

Yeah but to get to your goal of a 1000hp you're really going to have to get innovative w shifter placements. :)

Dan_Gurney
12-05-12, 12:25 AM
The thing is the drive line is LS/T56 based is already covers and the sky is the limit. The stock suspension is fairly good with a few aftermarket options out there and a limited market, if you want a car you can just go to a catalog and build go buy a mustang/camaro... (Yeah i repeat this to myself frequently when i see what the prices/availability of their parts are)

sssnake
12-05-12, 02:13 PM
Yeah selection and pricing on the typical modder platforms Is much better but at the same time if u really wanted a mustang/Camaro/corvette then I'm not sure why u would buy the v in the first place. (Not aimed at the last post/poster - just a general comment).

For me having a 4 door sleeper that can blow the doors off of 90% of the cars on the road is a very cool thing. It'll cost you more on modifications than a mustang but there is something to be said for owning a fairly unique car.

runsfromdacops
12-06-12, 10:56 PM
no dont get me wrong, i love my v and the fact thats its not the same old fbody or fox body. i just with that we had atlest some of the stuff the other guys do. o well i know its the coast of being different