: Automatic high beams

lisamichelle
11-25-12, 02:34 PM
Hi! I have a 2012 premium esv...auto high beams aren't on anymore which I'm assuming someone must have touched it while changing another option in my car. Can someone please help me and let me know how to turn them back on? Thnx!

the cadillac man
11-25-12, 02:56 PM
Hi! I have a 2012 premium esv...auto high beams aren't on anymore which I'm assuming someone must have touched it while changing another option in my car. Can someone please help me and let me know how to turn them back on? Thnx!

There are buttons on the dash that works the setting the one with the check boxes is the one you need to push to go through the settings pages in order to gain access to the auto high beams(if you have the owners manual it should give the name of the feature you are wanting to adjust) once you get to the one you want to adjust use the enter button to change the setting.

MrHolland
11-25-12, 08:39 PM
Welcome to the forum!! I moved your post to the proper section 2007+ Escalade.

Fast Eddie
11-25-12, 08:48 PM
The button is on the rear view mirror...

wwceaton
11-25-12, 08:50 PM
Make sure the left button on your mirror is turned on, the one next to your ON STAR.

soulsea
11-25-12, 09:19 PM
I haven't had the chance to drive her at night outside the city since I bought her, so that feature has to date been off.

Could someone share their take on the efficacy of the intellibeam system?

MrHolland
11-25-12, 10:30 PM
I am very pleased with that system. That being said, I do have the LED headlights. I don't think I've been hit with any high beams yet. Even when approaching a car from the rear the headlights dim at what I consider a non-offensive distance. They work great for me!!!

Fast Eddie
11-25-12, 10:38 PM
They work great. I'm actually surprised how quickly they pick up headlights and tail lights. I have had them with both LED headlights and the standard HIDs....

hcvone
11-26-12, 06:24 AM
Along with the button on the rear view mirror they also will not work with the fog/driving lights on

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-26-12, 08:44 AM
Good morning lisamichelle,

I pulled the following from your manual (p. 6-3) and hope that it helps answer your question:

"Turning On and Enabling IntelliBeam:
Press and release the IntelliBeam button on the inside rear view mirror. The IntelliBeam indicator on the mirror will turn on to let you know the system has been turned
on. Once the system has been turned on, it will remain on each time the vehicle is started. Additionally, the IntelliBeam system must be enabled.

To enable the IntelliBeam system, turn the exterior lamp control to AUTO, with the turn signal/ multifunction lever in its neutral position. The High-Beam On Light will appear on the instrument panel cluster when the high-beams are on."

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Poncherello
11-26-12, 02:08 PM
I love the intellibeam lights on my 2010, I only wish my 08 BMW 750Li had them as well.

Fast Eddie
11-27-12, 09:50 PM
I also have them on my 2012 750 il. In the BMW they are amazing- I love how the headlights swivel to illuminate the road where the wheel is turned...

lisamichelle
11-29-12, 03:41 PM
Thanks everyone!!! I'm still trying to figure the truck out. I came from a mini v to this...LOVE IT! I wish it would show on dash the street crossings and caller ID like my other half's car, but begets can't be choosers!! Thanks again !

Fast Eddie
11-29-12, 04:06 PM
My truck does show caller ID on the center DIC. It also shows the name of the street you are on, not sure what you mean about cross street.

lisamichelle
11-29-12, 07:43 PM
Oops I meant street name while driving and name of caller not just number.

Fast Eddie
11-29-12, 07:52 PM
You are right, the name does not show up on caller ID. The street name does show on nav- it's on the bottom of the screen...

shag766
12-09-12, 04:01 AM
X2 on that