: 2008 RWD 3.6 STS Trunk lid getting water inside

Rushnack
11-25-12, 03:21 PM
I live in Seattle and yes we do get alot of rain.. I havent had this car too long and have noticed when I open the trunk, the lid has water inside.. The trunk inside seems to remain dry.. Havent seen anything imediate that would indicate how the water is getting inside.. Anyone seen this issue before ??

Ludacrisvp
11-25-12, 03:25 PM
Yeah I posted about this before. It's a somewhat common issue. It's either leaking in at the 3rd brake light for some people or the reverse lights for me. My money is on the reverse lights. There is a thread about it that's likely not been posted in for a couple months.

ddalder
11-25-12, 04:21 PM
Do you have a spoiler? This is also a possibility.

I've dealt with numerous water leaks on various cars. My recommendation is to remove the trim panel from the underside of the trunk lid and hit the car wash with a flashlight and a friend. Climb in the trunk and have your friend thoroughly spray down the entire rear of the car and watch for water. Depending on where it's coming from will dictate the necessary repair.

If it's inside the trunk lid, your problem won't be the tail lights, although I'd agree the reverse lights are a definite possibility.

Rushnack
11-26-12, 11:28 PM
No Spoiler... I did notice when i lift up the lid on the upper corners of the lid it self it looks like maybe water could enter... That would actually make more sense than anything else.. So i am gonna apply some silicone into that area and see what happens next.. Thanks for the info...

Hoosier24
11-27-12, 10:35 AM
It was the seals around the reverse lights for me also. Fixed under warranty.